chapter ten

It had been five days since Y/N had last seen Camila. Their last encounter made her realize she was getting too used to being around her. So, to combat the growing attachment, Y/N distanced herself. She had not called the other girl or visited her at all.

At this point, she was expecting to be fully over whatever she was feeling. But she wasn't and that was a problem. Y/N had barely left her room for five days, not even to help Lauren and Dinah with the new files coming through. She had just remained in her room, thinking about what is so different about this girl than any other person in her life? She's never had such an issue pushing people away and remaining to herself.

The problem wasn't only that she wasn't over the attachment, it was that she almost missed being around Camila. And that has never happened.

————

"She's barely left her room and it's almost been a week." Lauren sighed, leaning against Dinah's desk. "I'm starting to get worried."

"I know. But, I mean, she did the same thing when she started getting used to working with us." Dinah pointed out. "It's a defense mechanism in order to control her feelings."

"She distanced herself from us for two days. It's been five." Lauren rebutted. "And on top of that, this is Camila we're talking about."

"So?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

"So, Y/N obviously has a thing for her." Lauren told her.

"No," Dinah laughed. "No way. This is Y/N were talking about. I've only ever seen her show two emotions: hate and anger. And that's, quite literally, the opposite of love."

"I think you're not giving her enough credit." Lauren argued. "I mean have you seen how Y/N acts around her?"

"I don't know. I just don't see it." Dinah shrugged. Just as she finished speaking, The Computer beeped and began printing out their next file. Dinah grabbed the paper off the tray and read it before looking back up at Lauren. "Speak of the Devil. We're gonna need Cabello."

"Alright," Lauren laughed, as she started for the door. "I'll go get her."

"Wait." Dinah spun her chair around to face the other woman. "Have Y/N do it."

Lauren nodded and walked towards Y/N's bedroom door. She knocked a few times before opening it. "Sorry to interrupt your sulking, but we need Cabello for this next file."

Y/N was looked over at Lauren from her place on her bed. "Okay." She said. "Then go get her."

"You're gonna go get her." Lauren told her, receiving a blank stare from Y/N. "You need to leave the apartment...and this room for that matter." She said before walking out. "Have fun."

Y/N's body heated up at the idea of seeing the brunette woman again, making her want to remain in her room for another week.

Begrudgingly, she stood and got ready to leave.

————

It had been five days since Camila had last seen Y/N. She kept wondering if she had done something to push her away. Maybe she pushed to hard for her to open up? She didn't know but whatever it was had been looping in her mind non stop. Her work ethic was down as she kept zoning out, bothering her partner to no end.

Currently, Camila was laying on her couch, staring at the ceiling. She knew the second she saw Y/N that if she got to know her, she'd catch feelings. She just knew it. Seeing her in that warehouse just did something to her and her initial crush grew into something more.

Camila wasn't sure what to do. Sure, she's liked people before but this was different and not just in the cliché way. Y/N didn't operate like people normally do and that was partly what drew Camila in so much. But now she was unsure where this would lead.

Part of her was scared. She was scared of these feelings because she wasn't even sure Y/N could be in a relationship. Everyone had the potential to fall in love right? Maybe everyone except Y/N. Camila didn't know and that frightened her. She'd fallen for people who didn't like her back but she's never fallen for someone who couldn't like her back.

Y/N didn't feel things like people usually did, that much was obvious. But she had to have the ability to love, right? Camila had seen her softer side plenty of times. Like when Y/N came over and bathed her and fed her, even though she's still not sure if that was a dream or not. But she does know for sure that Y/N helped her after her...incident. And she's constantly looking out for her, like when she came over everyday for almost a week to make sure she was okay.

These are all reasons that leave Camila happy with the fact that Y/N is the one she's falling for. She knows Y/N can be caring and can help her. She knows Y/N understands her even if Camila may not fully understand Y/N. But she wants to.

So that leaves Camila where she is, laying on her couch, letting her heart and brain argue with each other over whether she should be scared or happy Y/N is on the receiving end of her feelings.

The sound of a knock on her door startled her out of her thoughts. She stands and walks over, opening the door to reveal the one face she's been missing for five days. "Hey," She breathed out, her body still in shock that Y/N was at her apartment. "Do you...do you want to come in?" Camila asked after receiving no greeting from Y/N in return to hers.

"Dinah sent me to get you. She needs your help." Y/N replied. Camila had always thought she liked Y/N's straightforward way of being until now.

"Oh," She let out. Her heart dropped when she realized Y/N didn't actually come here because she wanted to but because she was forced to. "Wait, she asked for me? Like specifically?"

"Apparently." Camila tried not to smile at the fact that Dinah wanted her there to help. "Are you coming or..."

"Right, yes, let's go." Camila stepped forward to leave her apartment until noticing Y/N hadn't moved. "What?"

"I was just wondering if you were going to change shoes before we left." Camila looked down, noticing her fluffy duck slippers on her feet.

"Oh," Well that's embarrassing. "Yeah, uh, one second." She retreated back into her apartment to change into actual shoes, leaving Y/N in the open door way.

Y/N looked into Camila's apartment, her eyes traveling from the living room immediately to the left, then to the kitchen on the right before looking down the hallway in the center. Her eyes lingered a little longer on the door at the end that she knew led to Camila's room. She felt her chest grow tight, almost as if her heart was being weighed down.

When Camila returned, Y/N was more than ready to leave and began making her way to her car.

————
(a/n): yes, i'm still alive. i'm so sorry for the late updates (and this short chapter) no promises but i might update again tomorrow night (and it'll be a longer one)

what did you guys think of this chapter? 

i hope you guys are all staying safe
don't forget to vote
thanks for reading ♥️

p.s. the way camila and y/n process emotions are much different. you may have noticed that camila has a much better time understanding her feelings than y/n does. she knows how she feels and can explain it to herself truthfully, meanwhile y/n is in the dark as to what is happening in her head. just a little look forward at what is to come with them :)