chapter five

Lauren walked out onto the balcony of the three girls apartment, finding Y/N sitting alone. She was staring out at the street below, at the cars passing by. "Hey," Lauren began, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame. "What's been going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked flatly, her gaze staying on the street. "Nothing's going on."

"I notice things Y/N. It's why I'm good at my job. And I've been noticing how you're mind has been drifting lately. So what's up?" Lauren waited for a response but received nothing, not even a glance, from the girl beside her. With a scoff, she turned to leave the brooding girl alone.

"That detective," Y/N muttered lowly, stopping Lauren in her tracks. "She shows up and now she's everywhere. Always getting in the fucking way and always on my nerves." Lauren looked at her, taking a minute to process the fact that Y/N was actually talking to her about more than work. Quickly, she moved to sit down beside her. "I don't know what it is about it, but she's pissing me off more than people usually do."

Lauren smiled softly after thinking for a minute. Maybe some truth lied behind her teasing. "You like her."

Y/N finally looked at the girl beside her, her brows furrowed in what looked like disgust. "Did you not listen to a fucking word I said? I can't stand her." Lauren kept smiling at her, pissing her off further. "Why did I even try to talk to you about this." She stood to leave.

"Wait, wait," Lauren grabbed her wrist, successfully stopping Y/N but feeling her tense. She removed her hand, quickly. "I'm sorry I said that."

"Whatever." Y/N grunted, leaving the balcony and eventually the apartment.

————

In about fifteen minutes, Y/N found herself parked outside of Camila's apartment building. The lights to her unit were still on, indicating she was home.

The cool metal of her handgun rested on her lap, her hand gripping it slightly. Y/N never had a problem with taking people out. It's what made her that much better at her old job. She was able to take out who she needed to and not feel a thing afterwards.

All she wanted to do was take care of her problem. And that problem was the detective. She didn't know what it was, but something was stopping her from doing what she wanted. What she needed. Y/N kept her eyes locked on the the detective's window, waiting for any change as she tried to talk herself into go up there.

Before she could force herself out of her car, the light shut off inside Camila's apartment. A few moments later, she watched the small brunette leave the building and step into her car. Naturally, Y/N followed, staying at least two cars behind so as not to alert her.

Eventually, Camila pulled into the parking lot of an Italian restaurant. Y/N parked across the street, hiding in the shadows as she shut off the car's headlights. Camila got out of her car, meeting someone at the door to the restaurant, where she hugged him before heading inside.

Y/N clenched her jaw. This man looked like an asshole. He was probably taking advantage of her detective status for something. She remembered her gun yet again and moved her hand to it, eager to remove this threat, as it seemed. 

Before she could make a move, her phone rang, Lauren's name coming up on the screen. "What." She answered.

"We have a new person." Lauren told her, unfazed by her snappy greeting. "And you're not gonna like it."

-------

Y/N arrived back at the apartment, walking straight to the office where the two other girls were. They looked up at her but remained silent. "Am I supposed to read your minds or..." Neither girl replied, they just looked at each other. Y/N huffed, walking over to the desk and picking up the file. She opened it and paused, her jaw clenching as she looked at the picture attached.

Camila Cabello. Age 27. 

Y/N felt her face twitch sporadically as she reviewed the file. Her coworkers stood silent, scared at what her reaction could be. Both Lauren and Dinah have seen how Y/N acts when the detective is involved, they know that Y/N feels some way towards her. The fact that her face is remaining stoic is scaring them.

Without a word, Y/N slammed the file down on the desk and began to leave the room. "Where are you going?" Dinah asked.

"To stop a murder. Isn't that my job?" She tossed back, leaving the apartment.

-------

(a/n): ik its short but i haven't quite planned out everything for the next part. sorry

why do you think camila's file came up? any ideas on what is coming?

don't forget to vote 

thanks for reading ❤️