chapter eight

Y/N and Lauren made their way into the Miami Police Station with information on one of the files they had received. Walking through the doors, they were met with the familiar scent of paper and metal. Lauren nodded to the officer at the front desk as they passed him. They had been here many times before so they were well known as regulars.

As they walked towards the two detective's desk, they noticed Camila's was empty. "Hey Normani," Lauren greeted. "Where's Cabello?" The three being on a last name basis now.

"She's out today. She's called out the last three days. I'm swamped with paper work right now." Normani grumbled. Lauren gave her an apologetic smile as she placed the folder she had slowly onto the pile of work that sat on the detective's metal desk. "Gee, thanks."

"No problem." Lauren smiled. She noticed Y/N was extra quiet and turned to her with a raised eyebrow. She saw Y/N was clearly lost in thought as she stared at Camila's empty desk. "Hey," Lauren got her attention. "Go." She nodded to the exit as she tossed her the keys to the car they arrived in. Y/N caught them and looked at Lauren for reassurance. "Really, go. I'll be fine." Y/N nodded thankfully and left the precinct.

————

Once Y/N was at Camila's door, she tried to turn the knob but, of course, it was locked. She expected as much. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out the loose bobby pins she kept floating around in there for moments like this, and picked the lock. Hearing the click of the lock, she let herself in and made her way to the bedroom, making sure to look around in case Camila was elsewhere.

She walked into the bedroom to see a lump under the covers on the far side of the bed. "Detective?" Y/N called out softly. The lump on the bed didn't move an inch. Y/N clenched her jaw and walked around to the other side and noticed Camila laying on her side, eyes open, staring off at nothing. "You okay?" She asked but received no response.

With a sigh, Y/N walked out of the room, leaving Camila to believe she was leaving. And honestly, the detective couldn't bring herself to care. Then, she heard the familiar sound of the tub in the bathroom filling with water. Still, she lay still. Y/N returned and pulled her lifeless body out of bed, Camila too weak and care free to carry herself.

Once in the bathroom, Camila stood facing the tub that was now filled with sudsy water. Y/N grabbed the hem of Camila's shirt and began to tug upwards. The detective lifted her arms, letting Y/N remove her shirt. After that, she stepped out of her pants that Y/N had tugged down. Finally out of all her clothes, she allowed Y/N to lead her into the bathtub.

Camila sat and stared straight ahead at the tiled wall in front of her. The fully-clothed woman outside of the tub grabbed a cup that she got from the kitchen and filled it with water, only to pour it back on Camila's head, emptying the contents and wetting her thick hair. She then squirted a decent amount of shampoo into her hand and began working it through Camila's hair as she was kneeling down beside her on the fuzzy bathmat.

After she was done, she grabbed the cup and poured water through Camila's hair, making sure to tilt her head back and use her hand as a shield for her eyes. If Camila wasn't so out of it, she'd acknowledge how good Y/N's hands felt running through her hair.

Satisfied that all the soap was out of Camila's hair, she ran conditioner through it and rinsed it again. Y/N grabbed the yellow loofa that hung from the wall and squeezed out some body wash onto it, before scrubbing down the young Latina's body. Finishing her upper body, she tossed her a face cloth. "I'll let you clean the rest." She told her before returning to the bedroom to gather new clothes for Camila.

Left in the tub with a face cloth floating in front of her, Camila mustered up all the strength she had and finished washing herself before waiting for Y/N to return. "Alright, come on." She helped her out of the tub and began to dry her off and dressed her in sweats and a t-shirt. Before she could begin leading Camila out, the younger woman softly tugged on Y/N's hoodie as she shivered slightly, her wet hair growing cold against her body. Y/N pulled it off her torso and helped Camila into it.

She grabbed a comb that lay next to the sink and led Camila to her bedroom, where she sat her down on the edge of the bed she had originally found her on. Y/N climbed onto the bed and sat behind her before carefully combing out the tangles littering Camila's head. Once her hair was smooth and detangled, she lay Camila back down. "When was the last time you ate?" No response. "Cool." Y/N left the room, slightly nervous from the far away look Camila has had since she arrived.

Camila lay in bed alone, curled under her covers. She was sure Y/N had left, though she hadn't heard the front door. Deciding not to think about it, her mind wandered to the bath she vaguely remembers. Why would Y/N do all that for her? Shit, her own partner hadn't even checked up on her.

Interrupting her thoughts, Y/N walked in and sat on the bed beside Camila, helping her sit up. Camila noticed the plate in Y/N's hands. "Grilled cheese. Here." Camila looked at it blankly, leaving Y/N to place it on her lap. The warmth coming from beneath the plate heated up her lap. It got uncomfortably hot but she couldn't be bothered to move it. "At least eat half." Camila sighed, picking up one of the triangles and nibbling a piece of the side.

Y/N sat there for forty-five minutes as Camila took tiny bites of the warm sandwich until half was gone. Nodding, she lifted the plate and moved it to the end table, and grabbed a water bottle. She twisted open the cap and brought the plastic bottle to Camila's lips, the woman accepted the water and took a few sips before laying back down. Y/N slid down some, laying beside the silent girl.

They lay there for awhile until Camila grew the strength to speak. "I killed him." She muttered almost silently, her voice rough from not being used for days. Y/N turned her head to look at the woman who was staring at the ceiling, a lone tear sliding down her temple before disappearing into the pillow. "I killed him." She repeated, releasing a quiet sob.

Y/N felt her chest tighten before it spread to her stomach, the same feeling she had after reading Camila's collection of letters that will never be sent. She sat up and clenched her jaw, readying herself before pulling the crying girl into her chest, welcoming the warmth she felt from the detectives touch as the smaller woman finally let everything she's been letting fester inside, out.

They lay like that for the rest of the day.

——————
(a/n): i planned this out and idk about you but i find this adorable. i hope you do too. i wasn't gonna update tonight but i had to write this.
i knowndepressive episodes are different for everyone. i used personal experience to create the image of camila's.

what do you think about this chapter?

i hope you liked it
thanks for reading❤️

p.s. if you haven't, watch The Haunting of Bly Manor. it's amazing and i am in love with Victoria Pedretti and Amelia Eve.

thank you, that is all