chapter one

(a/n): hey guys. so i decided to rewrite this story and make it a lot better lol. i took inspiration from the show Person of Interest as well. most ideas will be close to or the same as the last book. i hope you guys like it❤️

"How the hell do you guys get up so early everyday?" Dinah grumbled as she stumbled into the kitchen, her hair an untamed mess.

"It's easy to get up when you never fell asleep." Y/N replied, her eyes trained on the cereal she was eating.

"Maybe some sleep will help you be more...personable." Dinah joked, sitting beside Lauren who was smirking as she ate her own breakfast. Y/N glared at Dinah before looking down yet again.

Y/N was never a person of many words. She kept to herself and trusted no one. Well, almost no one. Only Lauren and Dinah, and even that took quite awhile.

The girls looked over to the office across the hall as they heard the computer beep three times, signaling a new personnel file. "Well, guess we have some work to do." Dinah stood, walking towards the office as the two other girls followed her.

"What does it say, D?" Lauren asked, coming up behind the Polynesian who had sat in front of her computer, the newly printed file in hand.

"Rudy Stonter." She began, "Age 38, caucasian male, graduated from MIT in 2006." She began listing off.

"Why did we get his file?" Y/N joined in, her hands stuffed into her jean pockets.

"I was getting to that." Dinah grumbled. "Oh wow..." She sat up straighter. "He's a serial killer..."

The girls perked up, knowing they have yet to encounter someone with such a title. "Are you sure?" Lauren asked, taking the paper from Dinah and holding it between herself and Y/N. "Well shit. Twenty-three murders. All of women ages 18-25. It says here he's been active for only a few years." She read.

"And we have no idea when the next murder will take place." Y/N spoke. The only flaw Dinah's system has, is that it doesn't tell when the next crime will occur. Only that it will.

Dinah began typing away on her laptop. "He works as a bouncer at the Spirit night club."

"That explains how he finds his victims." Y/N suggested. "When does his shift start?"

"Seven p.m." Dinah spun her chair around. "Looks like we have a few hours. Better get ready."

————

"Cabello," Normani said, causing the Cuban detective to look up from her laptop. "Come look at this guy." Camila stood, walking around to look at Normani's computer screen. "He fits the description almost perfectly. He graduated from an Ivy League too. So he would be smart as well, like most serial killers."

"Okay. Why does he stick out though? I mean besides that." Camila asked.

"How many Ivy League graduates do you know that work as bouncers at college bars?" She looked up at her partner.

"Well, it's worth a shot." Camila said, grabbing her jacket. "Let's go visit him."

Camila and Normani have been searching for the person responsible for the murders of multiple young women for the past seven months. So far, all they've found are dead ends. That was until after their last murder, someone came forward and gave a description of a man she saw leaving the area the last victim was found. The two detectives had enough to assume this was their man. And now, they may be able to finally catch him.

————

Lauren began snapping a few pictures from the passenger seat of the black car the two girls sat in. "He just looks like a creep."