chapter eleven

The car ride was completely silent for the most part, neither girl spoke at all. Y/N was still thinking about what the hell she felt back at Camila's apartment. The latter was thinking about what to say to break this God awful silence between them.

Camila kept looking over at Y/N, racking her brain for words to say. She wanted to talk to her about her newly discovered feelings, trying to see if they were at all mutual. Camila had always felt the need to speak to the person she had feelings for. She felt as though keeping that to herself was like keeping a secret from someone she claimed to trust. Plus, if the feelings were returned at all, she'd miss her opportunity. This is what she normally does though, and nothing with Y/N is normal. She's still uncertain as to whether Y/N can feel love for another person.

She couldn't very well ask just that. She had to be more disguised about it so as not to piss off the easily triggered woman. Camila came up with a few ideas. Do you like me was completely off the table. That's rushing it and, honestly, Camila wasn't prepared for that answer. So, she decided to just inquire on her past, knowing if she had a relationship before might clue her into where Y/N is at, feelings wise.

Deciding on her answer, she looked over at Y/N and opened her mouth to speak. No words came out. Trying again, her voice failed her once again. She tried a few more times but nerves got the best of her. Camila turned to look out the window, giving up completely on her plan. "What is it?" Y/N asked flatly.

"Huh?" Camila replied, her head snapping over to look at the other woman.

"You keep opening your mouth, just say it."

Camila bit her lip, she has no excuse now that she had been caught. "Have you ever, uh, been in a relationship before?" She rushed out. Y/N didn't answer, she just looked straight ahead at the road, as of Camila never said anything at all.

Honestly, this pissed Camila off. She had finally worked up the nerve to ask, like Y/N told her to and she was just going to ignore her? Camila sighed loudly and looked out at the passing cars.

"Once." She heard from the woman next to her, regaining her attention. After that one word, Y/N stayed silent for a few moments, gathering her thoughts. "In high school. It didn't work out."

"Why not?"

"Wasn't a right match."

Camila decided to leave it there and not prove any further. However, that didn't stop her mind from wandering. Wasn't a right match. That could mean so many things. Was it not right because Y/N just couldn't do relationships? Obviously, as she's noted before, Y/N doesn't feel like the usual person does. But surely she could feel love? Camila didn't know and that's what was eating her away inside. Maybe it wasn't a right match because they just...didn't work out. That could be it too.

Camila's overwhelming thoughts carried her all the way to their 'headquarters', so to speak. Both women left the car and headed inside. Dinah gave them a look that screamed 'finally'. "Good, you came." She told Camila.

"Does this mean I'm part of the team now?" Camila smiled, throwing up finger guns as a way to lighten the mood. Dinah raised an eyebrow at her while Lauren placed her hand on her forehead, closing her eyes. Y/N, on the other hand, bit her lip to suppress a smile before her face hardened once more. Camila still caught it though, making her blush slightly. That may be from the embarrassment, though.

Y/N finally broke the awkward silence, saving Camila from the aforementioned embarrassment. "So why are we all here?"

"Right." Dinah exhaled, gathering the papers to the file. "So, the file we got today was rather...extensive. We don't usually get people with past offenses, but..." She stuck the paper to the clear board in the room, where they write out plans and such. The paper barely said anything and Camila stepped closer to examine it.