chapter twenty-two

What had she done?

Y/N slammed the door to her bedroom. She began pacing back and forth, her fingers tangled in her hair.

She doesn't understand this...pull that The Detective has on her.

She had never experienced anything like it.

Ever.

And that scared the ever-loving shit out of her.

And what did she do when she was scared? She ran.

She had planned to disappear, but every day she told herself was her last in Miami, she found herself physically unable to leave.

Camila finding Y/N's momentos was pure coincidence. And it was the perfect get away.

Going away for the rest of her life meant that she would be forced away from The Detective. Away from her and this...feeling.

The feeling she had never experienced before.

What she had experienced before, though, was lust. And that must be what this was. It had to have been lust. Unbelievably strong lust.

That's what she told herself when she kissed Camila at the precinct.

I'm going away, she had thought. Might as well.

Might as well.

That's also what she said to herself in the showers when she ran her fingers down Camila's arm, almost to her...

That touch alone had her body on edge, her blood simmering.

Lust.

When Y/N had realized she wouldn't be going away for the rest of her life—fuck you, Dinah—she decided to just stay away from Camila. Lauren had told her that Camila wouldn't be coming back anyway after some fight with Dinah.

But even as Y/N told herself that was good, great even, she found herself storming into Dinah's room and making her accept that Camila had helped them and was a vital part to their team.

In all, she managed to stay away for one week. One full week.

At that seven day mark, she was walking out of their home and driving to Camila's.

When she saw The Detective she felt her shoulders ease, her body relax.

Lust, she repeated.

She saw that same lust mirrored back at her through Camila's eyes as she backed her into the island in her kitchen.

She also saw that lust shift to something else right after Camila fell over the edge. It was...softer.

"I love you." She had said.

Love.

Camila had said it before but this time felt different. This time it ran through Y/N's veins like acid.

"Thank you." Y/N had said.

She didn't know if she was thanking her for the opportunity to expel this lust from her system or for showing her that it wasn't lust after all.

Because even if Y/N repeats in her head that that's all this is, she knows it's not.

And now, instead of her brain repeating lust, it repeats a different word.

Love.

————
(a/n): now...I know it's SUPER short but I needed this in here so y'all can have a peak in y/n's head.

I hope you all like this 😵‍💫

Don't forget to vote
Thanks for reading ❤️