chapter four

Camila sat inside a diner, her eyes scanning the street outside the large picture window. It had been a few days since she had last seen Y/N and she is now more determined than ever to find out who she was.

Cradling a cup of coffee between her hands, she waited for Y/N to pass by. Last time, she was caught so the detective knew she needed to be a little sneakier. Y/N wasn't like a normal suspect she followed. Aside from the fact that she wasn't a suspect, she seemed to be highly trained in...well, everything.

"You really need to get better at this." Camila jumped, so focused on the outside world passing by that she didn't notice Y/N come in and sit beside her.

"How did you..." She trailed off, her hand resting over her rapidly beating heart.

"Not important." She said, her voice rough. "Why are you so obsessed with finding out more about me?"

Camila took a deep breath, her heart rate finally slowing down to a healthy level again. She opened her mouth but no words came out. She truly did not know herself why she was following this mysterious girl. But she wasn't about to tell her that. "I told you. You came out of nowhere. I'm allowed to be curious."

"I can disappear just as easily as before too." Y/N told her, her face held no emotion. "Don't tempt me to do so." With that, she stood and left the diner, leaving Camila as confused as ever.

————

The girls had spent the last few days keeping a close eye on their person, Alex Martel. So far, the man hadn't really done anything too suspicious. He had worked his street corner, selling little baggies of whatever drug he possessed.

"We're wasting our time on this guy." Y/N mumbled. Her and Lauren sat in their car as they did everyday before, watching Alex.

"The Computer has never been wrong before." Dinah told them through their ear piece.

"There's a first time for everything." The emotionless girl complained, tossing her head back on the seat. Her interest peaked at the sight of a black car pulling onto the street. Going by the large antenna extending from the back, Y/N could tell this was a cop's car. Lauren noticed too, wondering aloud why the car was here.

They watched the car pull up onto the road as the door opened. A woman with a tight ponytail under a baseball cap stepped out. She was clad in jeans and a bomber jacket, despite to hot Miami weather. "Who the fuck..." Lauren trailed off.

"Alex Martel?" The woman asked. Y/N swore she knew that voice, though she couldn't quite place it. Their man stilled, looking uncomfortable before calming himself.

"Who's asking?" He nodded towards her, acting way cooler than what his demeanor showed.

The woman nodded before approaching him, she pulled her hands out of her pockets and revealing a badge in one hand and handcuffs in the other. "You're under arrest for the distribution of illegal drugs." Alex looked at her before glancing around, his eyes lingering on one particular person who just nodded subtly. "Please don't try to run. I have people waiting on every corner in case you do."

Y/N finally connected that voice to a face. Detective Cabello. "Oh, are you fucking kidding me." She groaned loudly, leaning forward and banging her head on the steering wheel as her hands tightened around it.

Lauren caught on once the woman turned around, helping Alex into the back of her car. "Looks like Y/N's girl decided to show up again." She laughed, earning a harsh glare from the aforementioned girl.

————

Y/N walked into the police station with her hood pulled over her head, her hands shoved into her pockets. She hated that she was here again. "Can I help you?" The beat cop at the front desk asked.

"Detective Cabello." Y/N grumbled. The cop nodded, seemingly intimidated by the girl that stood before him.

Before long, she watched the detective walk around the corner, her arms crossed. "Are you following me now?"

"If I was following you, you wouldn't know it." Y/N shot back. "Why'd you pick up Martel?"

"Why?" She scoffed. "You were there. You saw who he was doing business with. Why wouldn't I pick him up? He could lead us to the bigger fish. I just had to wait to actually catch him in the act."

Y/N had no idea who she was referring to but she also didn't care. She was here for their person, not whoever the cops were after. "Yeah, well, he's involved with something else."

"Okay?" The detective shrugged. "He's in custody now."

Y/N sighed. She hated dealing with this woman. The detective always got on her last fucking nerve. "Doesn't matter. I have...information from an...inside source that he's gonna do something to someone."

"Him?" Camila scoffed, pointing behind her, seemingly to where he was being held. "He's never been involved with anything violent. He's a drug dealer."

"Look, I don't have time to argue with you." Y/N sighed.

"Well what am I supposed to do?" Camila asked. "Give him up to you? Not a chance in hell."

"Keep an eye on him." She spoke from under her hood. "Like now. Where is he?"

"In a holding cell." Camila looked confused, her head tilted slightly.

"Alone?"

"Well...no. There's one other person." The detective told her. Y/N moved quickly, pushing past the detective and into the back. "Hey! You can't just go back there!"

As Y/N walked into the hall that led to the holding cell, she spotted Alex. He was hovering over the other man in the cell. He had what looked like a shoelace wrapped tightly around his neck. He was strangling him.

Camila came in behind her, quickly opening the cell and, with the help of another cop, pulled Alex off the other man, who was now gasping for much needed air. "How did you know that would happen? He has no prior record besides drug possession."

"I told you. I have an inside source." Y/N told her, pulling her hood back up after it had fallen while she ran. "He wanted to get arrested." She realized aloud, her eyes trained on the other man in the cell.

"What? Why would he do that?"

"I've been watching him. He's not usually so obvious when he's selling. He knew you were watching and wanted to get caught." She told the detective. "Whoever he's working for wanted that man," she pointed to the man now receiving attention for a few cops, making sure he was okay. "Dead. They knew if he got in here with him, he'd have the chance."

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Camila asked, dumbfounded.

Y/N shrugged. "Wasn't that hard to figure out if you knew where to look." She spoke, her hands moving back into her pockets. "You're welcome, detective." With that, she left the precinct.

————
(a/n): it's 2am and i have an opening shift tomorrow morning so consider yourselves lucky

also i took a two hour nap not too long ago so 😗

idk how fast paced you want y/n and camila to move so let me know

don't forget to vote
thanks for reading ❤️