chapter six

⚠️this chapter will have a trigger warning as there are mentions of sexual assault and suicide. if this will negatively affect you in anyway, skip to the end and i'll give a quick insight on the chapter without the revealing and triggering parts⚠️

"Done throwing a tantrum now?" Lauren asked through a mouthful of food as Y/N walked back into their house. Y/N looked at her in disgust as Lauren continued to shovel food into her mouth.

"She just left for work. I came back to get you. We survey better together." She admitted reluctantly. Lauren fought back a smile at the somewhat kind words from her friend. "Well? Are you gonna move or just stay here looking like an idiot?" Lauren's smile turned into an annoyed frown paired with an eye-roll. That didn't last long, she thought.

"Actually," Dinah began as she emerged from her office. "Lauren you keep an eye on the detective while she's at work. Y/N, search her apartment while she's gone."

"What? Why am I stuck with the lame job?"
Y/N complained.

"Well, you're very open about your hatred for the detective. So I'd rather get away from you near all day her with a gun." Dinah reasoned. Y/N shrugged and disappeared into her room.

"What's the real reason?" Lauren questioned as she brought her now empty bowl to the sink.

"Y/N's too overprotective of the detective. I'm worried she'll overreact if she's watching her today. Plus, she'll probably be more likely to find something because she's so invested in this particular case." Lauren nodded in understanding. "Don't forget to wash that." Dinah reminded the raven haired girl as she was about to walk away from the sink, leaving the dish untouched, to which Lauren replied to by flipping off the taller girl.

------

Y/N pushed the bobby pin into the small key hole just under the door knob to Camila's apartment. Once she finally got inside, Y/N looked around, before talking to Dinah through the small ear piece placed firmly in her right ear. "So what exactly am I looking for?"

"Anything that could point to a potential victim. Just look around some." Dinah told her.

Y/N walked down the hallway and opened the first door on the right. A bathroom. She figured nothing would be in there so she continued to the next door.

She pushed it open to display Camila's room. Clothes were strewn across the room, a bra dangling precariously on her bed post. Y/N grimaced before walking in. She noticed the only neat area, aside from some empty water bottles, was her nightstand.

Placed so it was exactly lined up to the corner of the wooden nightstand, was a leather book. Y/N opened it, not feeling even a little guilty about reading someone's diary. She opened it to a random page.

Dear Sofia,

I miss you. I lay up at night and I wish I'd wake up and see a text from you, that this was just some horrible nightmare. I know it's not, I learned that after you didn't come back the first few months.

Y/N grew confused as to who this 'Sofia' was, so she flipped the page, hoping to learn more.

Dear Sofia,

I don't understand. I mean, I do. I'm sure you were going through hell all those years. What I don't get was why you didn't come to me. Or anyone. You weren't alone and I wish I could scream that until you get it. But it's too late. And I never told you when I had the chance to.
What happened to you shouldn't have happened to anyone. I promised you I would make him pay for this. And I will. I'm so close now. I love you, my butterfly.