chapter twelve

a/n: i've been slacking but it's my friend's birthdayyyyyy
she's now 20 and i promised i'd give her a new chapter as a present
so happy birthday @FloralNightSky, i'm so glad you messaged me a year ago ♥️

————

As Lauren screeched to a halt, Y/N opened the door to the backseat and lifted Camila out of the car, carrying her bridal style up the stone walkway. Lauren ran after her and knocked on the door to the older colonial house. This was the only place they could bring Camila and not be asked questions.

Ally used to work at Miami General as a trauma surgeon. Eventually, she realized that the American heath care system was broken and she no longer wanted any part of it. She quit, and began working out of her house for people who couldn't afford to actually visit the hospital.

A couple years ago, she met Dinah and the two became rather close. When Dinah finalized her computer system and began working with Lauren, and eventually Y/N, Ally offered her help with any medical need they may have. Ever since, she had been their go-to for anything they needed as they knew she wouldn't tell anyone about their visits or work.

"Hey, what—" Ally cut herself off after she opened the door and noticed the girl in Y/N's arms. "Oh, God..." She stepped aside, allowing the three to come through the doorway.

They all moved down to the basement where a large plastic curtain blocked off a space in the center. Moving aside the plastic, a hospital bed sat beside EKG machines and an IV drip.

Y/N placed Camila gently on the bed before giving Ally her space to work. "What happened?"

"She was stabbed." Y/N replied, her jaw clenching. Ally nodded. She could see that but was hoping for slightly more information. Nevertheless, she got to work, cutting Camila's dress to give her more access to the wound. Y/N watched, unable to remove her eyes from the blood escaping Camila's body.

"Hey," Lauren spoke to get her attention. "Let's go." She tugged Y/N's arm, pulling her out of the room and away from the sight of the Detective.

After about ten minutes, Dinah came rushing in and waited with the other two for Ally to finish up. Sometime later, the short brunette walked out of the makeshift hospital room, whiling her hands of Camila's blood.

"Luckily, the knife missed any major organs." She began, watching the three of them release a breath of relief. "This isn't consistent with a stabbing aimed to kill. Usually, in those cases, the knife is twisted and the victim is stabbed more than once."

"So...you think it was a warning?" Dinah asked.

"Something like that." Ally nodded.

"She'll be okay?" Y/N asked.

"Yes, she's going to be fine."

With that, Y/N stood and walked out of the basement and eventually the house. She had swiped Lauren's keys when the woman was distracted by Ally's report, and entered the car, speeding off down the street. She was gonna find the man who did this to the detective. She was gonna find him and make an example of him.

————

One week later

Y/N had spent the last week hiding out in an old motel in a rundown part of Miami. She had been working to find out where this 'Scorpion' man is. As she had suspected, he never returned to the poker club since the incident. This left her with almost nothing...until she found out where Camila's informant lived.

Now she found herself walking into his building, her hood pulled over her head to block her face from passerby's and cameras. Finding his door, Y/N knocked on the door and waited for it to open.