chapter seven

⚠️this chapter will contain some mentions of sexual assault and rape. if this is triggering to you in anyway, skip to the next time you see the warning emoji and i will sum it up for you⚠️

Camila looked at herself in the mirror that was attached to her wall, running her hands down the tight, white dress she was wearing. Her eyes looked her reflection up and down before finally deciding she was satisfied with this look. She would need to look exceptionally good to gain his attention tonight and that was her goal. Finally, she walked towards her nightstand and opened the bottom drawer, taking the small revolver that lay inside. She lifted her dress and tucked it into the holster wrapped around her thigh. "I love you, Sof." She whispered, resting her hand on her journal.

After driving for about fifteen minutes, Camila arrived at The Palace, one of the high end clubs in Miami. After sitting in her car for a few moments to collect her thoughts, she got out and made her way inside. Looking around, Camila noticed the club wasn't that busy. Some people sat at the tables, a few were dancing rather formally, and only one man was at the bar. Camila noticed him right away. Tom Rightson.

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, the young detective walked towards the bar, taking a seat where she knew he would be able to see her if he looked up. An attractive bar tender came over, asking Camila if she'd like anything. "A vodka cranberry, please." She told her, rather loudly, with a smile. The volume at which she spoke wasn't due to her relentless nerves, nor her anger at seeing the man responsible for her sister's fate. It was done purposefully to gain Tom's attention. And she achieved just that. His dark blue eyes met hers, sending a chill down her spine. Camila swallowed the nauseous feeling that overtook her body, never losing her calm demeanor, and sent a seductive smile his way as she toyed with the small straw in the drink she just received.

It wasn't long before he stood from his own seat and made his way to hers. "First time at The Palace?" He asked, his voice deep and rough. "Surely I'd remember a face like your own...among other things." His eyes trailed down Camila's body.

With her fist clenched at her side, Camila smiled. "It just so happens that it is my first time."

"Ah," He remarked, glancing at her chest. "Well, what brings you to this lovely establishment?"

"I came for the music but, I just might stay for the scenery." She replied as she bit her lip softly, her eyes never leaving his.

Tom looked almost taken aback by how forward she was. "I can assure you that the scenery looks better elsewhere."

Camila looked at him, really looked at him. There wasn't a fiber in her being that felt any remorse for what she was going to do tonight. "Are we going to continue acting as if we're not talking about sex? Because I'd love to skip the small talk."

Tom took his wallet out of his pocket and immediately paid for both of their drinks before he stood and took Camila's hand, leading her out of the club. "My flat is a little far from here but my car is just over there." He pointed to the back parking lot.

Camila bit her lip and shook her head slowly as she smiled. "Follow me." She took his hand and led him around to the back of the building. "It's more fun when you're out in the open." They walked over a small hill until at a small clearing, the ocean just a few hundred feet away. Here we go, Camila thought.

--------

Y/N and Lauren followed Camila from her apartment to the club, Dinah and Lauren had realized there was no keeping Y/N away from this now and let her tag along. They had only been sitting across the street from The Palace for about ten minutes when they watched at the detective left the club hand-in-hand with one Tom Rightson. "What the fuck?" Lauren murmured, sitting up straighter. They looked on as she led the man behind the building.