chapter nineteen

Camila's P.O.V.

I sighed as I stood from the small bunk I had been laying on. Y/N had surrendered herself three days ago and since then, Normani and I had been basically interviewing her 24/7. It's been hard to see her in such a vulnerable position and listen to the way she details her possible crimes so nonchalantly. I can tell Normani is worried about me since she has tried numerous times to talk about it but I can't bring myself to forgive her. Not yet.

I went to the bathroom to freshen up, missing my shower and bed at home. Since we had so much work to get done, Normani and I have been sleeping in the bunk area at the station. The bunks were thin green 'mattresses' similar to the ones in our holding cells. At least it was something, I guess.

Stretching, I fixed my clothes and left the bathroom. Closing the door behind me, I found our Captain talking to Normani and, when he saw me, he waved me over. "So," He started. "You two keep working her. There's something she's not telling us."

"No offense, Captain, but I think there's a lot she's not telling us." Normani huffed.

"Yes, but I mean who she was working with." He clarified.

"Working with? She worked alone." I told him, my brow furrowed along with Normani.

"There's no way." He shook his head, placing his hands on his hips. "To be as thorough as she was and to be as active as she was, she had help. I need you two to format your questions to figure that out." My partner and I both nodded, looking at each other again as our Captain started to walk away. "Oh, and," He spun around. "Take her to shower, will you? My precinct is starting to smell." With that, he left us alone.

"Alright, why don't you bring her to do that while I gather some stuff for later." Normani suggested, leafing through a stack of folders on her desk.

"W-what?" I almost choked. She wanted me to bring Y/N to shower?

"What?" She looked up. "I figured she'd be more comfortable with you ." There was something she wasn't telling me. I looked at her and started to think that maybe, just maybe, she was starting to feel bad and this was her way of mending it. She was giving me time with Y/N.

"Okay." I nodded. "Thanks, Mani." I have her a small smile and made my way to the holding cells. "Good morning." I greeted, opening the cell door.

Y/N, who was sitting with her head in her hands, looked up. "Morning." She muttered, standing and coming over to me, her hands extended. As she got closer to me, I realized that she really did need a shower.

"God, you smell." I told her lightheartedly.

I could see the ghost of a smile cross her face for a second before going back to her normal stoney glare. "Gee, thanks."

"Don't worry," I smiled. "Cause today..." I gave her a look after pausing to build the suspense. "You get..." Another pause. "A..." And another. "Shower!" I exclaimed.

"If it's just a whore's bath in the sink, I don't think that will do much." She said as we began walking.

"First of all, that's not really a term people use anymore," Y/N shrugged indifferently. "Second of all, it's a real shower." I led her through the precinct, watching some people turn to look. I forced my smile to drop, something that was proving hard whenever I was in Y/N's presence.

We turned into the large shower room. There were five shower heads coming from the left and right walls, metal bars next to them along with small shelves. Y/N walked over to the shower head on the left of the room, all the way in the back, and looked at me. "Are you gonna chain me to the pole or..."

"Oh, uh, no." I shook my head. "That's more for stability, anyway. But even if I wanted to you fight me off and run, you wouldn't." I undid her handcuffs and moved the soaps I had in my small cubby to where she was standing. "Here, you can use my soaps."

"Thanks." I nodded awkwardly before turning my back to her to give her privacy. I heard some light shuffling before the shower started. As the water ran, my heart rate increased, knowing she was completely naked behind me. There was something about that thought and the scent of my soap that I knew she was using on herself. All I had to do was turn around. I looked down at my feet, turning my head slightly to try and catch a glimpse but I couldn't see anything but water running towards the drain. Immediately, I felt like a creep and reverted my gaze. "You can look." My heart dropped at her words. She had caught me. And...she wanted me to look.

"I-uh..." I gulped, unable to find the adequate words. Before I could, I felt Y/N's finger tips brushing the side of my arm. The water leaving small traces on my skin as her fingers ran up and back down.

Eventually, they traveled down to the hem of my shirt, lightly pulling it from where it was tucked into my pants. I released a ragged breath, unable to process what was happening.

Suddenly, without knowing which of us was responsible, my belt was undone and the first button of my pants opened. Y/N was still behind me, her naked breasts pressed against my back, the water cold on my skin.

Her fingers danced across my navel, leaving droplets and goosebumps in their wake. "Please..." I sighed. Her fingers dipped just below the waist band of my underwear, lightly brushing my pubic hair. They started to venture lower when my phone began buzzing.

We jumped apart as I retrieved it from the holder on my waist and answered it with a shaky voice. "What is it?"

"Just checking on everything. I'm all set for the interrogation." Normani told me.

"Okay." I nodded before realizing she had called to see how I was doing. "Oh, everything's good here. Nothing interesting. Pretty boring. Just...ya know." I cringed slightly at my words, hoping Normani wouldn't question me on it.

"Alright." She said, though I knew her well enough to know she suspected something was up. "I'll meet you guys in room 2."

"Okay, bye." I hung up, replacing my phone in the holder, my eyes noticing my open buckle and pants and I redid them, blushing at what had just taken place.

Glancing back at Y/N, I saw that she was showering like nothing at happened. In fact, if it weren't for the wet spots on my shirt, I would have thought I imagined it. Realizing she was standing there naked, I blushed harder, unable to stop my eyes from wandering.

She was so gorgeous. The sight mixed with what had just taken place caused a fog to surround my head. I looked away, trying to shake it off.

Staring at the white tile floor, I wondered why she did that. She never initiated anything until she surrendered herself. The first day, she kissed me. And today, she...well she almost...

I shook my head lightly, stopping my brain from going to the 'almost'. I needed to talk to her about this but I wasn't really sure how to. So, I decided to leave it alone for now. We'd have a chance to talk later once I figured out what to say.

————
(a/n): hey guyssss
It's my birthdayyyy (for 11 more mins) so I decided to give y'all this
There will be another update within the next week

Alsoooo notice how camila says "interview" and Normani says "interrogation". This is to show how Camila still doesn't view y/n as a criminal despite everything she has admitted (hence the 'possible crimes' line).

I'm fucking EXHAUSTED rn so I hope you enjoy but imma knock tf out

Don't forget to vote
Thanks for reading❤️