21- A STEP FORWARD

Happy New Year, Lovelies! 🎉🎉
Thank you for everything! I'm gonna update again tomorrow! ☺️ You're all amazing and special, i hope you know that! Loveyouulotss! 💛
——————————

Joong's POV

I woke up when I felt someone slowly caressing my hair.

I lifted my head up and the gentle touches disappears, making me slightly pout. I blink my eyes open and adjusted on my surroundings. I yawned and stretched my arms upwards feeling my bones crack and how stiff my muscles are. I should've known that sleeping on a chair is gonna be uncomfortable.

"Good Morning, Joong." I almost fell on my seat when I heard a voice. I turned my head sideways and I gasped in silence as my eyes met P'Nine's shy gaze. I sat up straight from the chair I was previously sitting on. Now, being completely wide awake. All the scenarios that had happened before suddenly came to me.

"P'Nine! You're awake! Ohmygod, ohmygod. Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need something? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you want me to call the nurse? Wait—I should probably do that. Wait for me here, P'Nine, okay?" I got up from my seat and before I could make a run to the door, a hand suddenly grasp my right arm.

"Joong! Wait—" My eyebrows furrowed as I watch P'Nine chewing on his bottom lip. Like, he was trying to say something.

I stood there anxiously waiting for his next words.

He travelled his eyes to his lap before he spoke in a soft tone, "I'm—i'm fine. Can you just—stay here? For awhile?" My heart flutters. His grip on my arm tightens as I watch in amusement how his ears reddens. He's so cute, ohmygod.

I smile at him, bright and full. "Ofcourse, P'Nai! Let me just call someone to deliver us some food, okay? I'm sure you're hungry." I'll always stay.

I placed his hand on my arm gently on his lap and grabbed my forgotten bag on the table.

I didn't notice how P'Nine's eyes widened as he watch me move around.

"Y-you...called me P'Nai?" I stopped dead on my track. My eyes widened. My hands stilled as they hover on the zipper of my bag. Sht. Right.

I slowly turned around. The silence becoming too overbearing. I clenched and unclenched my fist out of nervousness.

"I—i'm sorry, I didn't mean to, P'. I'll—i'll stop—" I jumped and bumped on the table when P'Nine frantically sat up and waves his hands in the air.

"No! No! No! It's okay—I was just—shocked." He nimble on his bottom lip before he dropped his gaze on the bed. The tip of his eyes were so red. Again. He's so cute. Ohmygod.

"I—i like it." Oh—ohh. Wait. What?

My heart beat sped up and the warmth I felt on my ears and cheeks was getting unbearable.

I stuttered. "O-oh. I—yeah. Uh—great? That's great, P! I'm glad you—like it? Yeah, that's really great. It's—awesome! Just—argh. I'll stop talking now." I groaned. What the fvck? I'm so embarrassing. Why can't I just form a damn full sentence?

I huffed at myself.

I grabbed my phone with a pout and dialed Earth's number. I tap my fingers on the table as I wait for him to answer. I gaze at P'Nine for a second and gave him a small hesitant smile. Please let the ground swallow me up.

"Hello?" Earth groaned in the other line. What? Isn't he supposed to be at school? Why does he sound like he just woke up?

"Earth! I need your help!" I told him immediately, temporarily swaying my mind away from what had happened earlier.