4

Liam Rawley

"Hey, it's good looking cop guy."Roy wrapped his arms around Brady.

"Touch me again and I'll handcuff you at the bookstore," Brady warned.

All of us met up at the mall because Roy needs new equipment for his upcoming badminton game and Laurel wanted to dress me up as if I don't already dress well.

Dan was just there because as much as he is annoyed by Roy, they were like brothers and would do anything together.

Brady was also there because, at the moment, he was only being paid to look out after me. He didn't say anything but I can totally see that he was annoyed by the fact that he was forced to spend time with a bunch of teenagers instead of getting into some real action.

I found it kinda cool that even though he was wearing a black shirt with jeans, he had his badge attached to his belt just on top of his right pocket.

"I'm sorry if this is not how you usually spend your weekends," I said to Brady.

"Nah, I'm getting paid to do nothing."He shrugged, "Sounds like a win to me."

"Technically you're not doing nothing."I pointed out, "You're getting paid to be around teenagers like a babysitter."

"Yeah and that's annoying but at least you're cool."He said casually.

I couldn't help but let a small smile creep on my face.

We arrived at the sports equipment store first. Dan and Roy immediately went to the badminton section and we followed them from behind.

"What do you think of this?"Roy asked Dan while holding a badminton racket.

"Looks good, buy it," Dan said without even looking at it.

"You're not even paying attention."Roy pouted, "Don't you love me anymore?"

"Are you serious right now?"Dan asked in an annoyed tone.

"You don't want this."Brady interjected and grabbed another racket, "You want a synthetic grip on the racket. It may be less comfortable but it's less slick and not as messy as the towel grips."

"I didn't understand a single word you said but I'll take it."Roy grabbed the racket.

"Idiot," Brady muttered under his breath.

&&&&&&

All of us had lunch at the food court while Brady sat at another table that was quite far away from ours.

"So, Brady is kinda tense," Laurel remarked.

"I don't know, he's been cool about all of this."I shrugged and looked at Brady, who was scrolling through his phone.

"He kinda scares me a little," Roy confessed.

"Our school's mascot scares you."Dan teased.

"He is always bullying me like that."Roy whispered to me, "I think it's because he is in love with me or something."

"Neither of us swings that way."Dan pointed out, "Not that it's bad if one of us did. Even then, I would still find someone with half of a brain."