32

Liam Rawley

I sat across from my mother at the restaurant while Brady sat at another table far away from us.

"So, that's the guy you've been spending all your time with?"My mother took a glance at Brady, who was scrolling through his phone with a drink in his hand.

"Yeah, that's him, "I said awkwardly.

"He looks kinda-"

"Tense."I finished her sentence.

"I was going to say unease but sure."She let out a weak smile.

I took another glance at Brady and for a second, I really wanted him to come and sit down next to me so that he could meet my mother but I remember how angry I was at him at the moment.

"Anyways, "I shrugged, "How's Paris?"

"It's amazing, sweetheart."She said excitedly, "After you finish high school, you should look into schools there so that we can spend more time together."

That sounded really nice but I just gotten to know my dad and it was crazy how attached I got to him in a few months. I wasn't choosing him over my mother or anything but I just felt like it wasn't right to leave him especially after being apart for so long.

"I'll think about it, "I mumbled.

The both of us were silent for a few moments while we took a bite from our food.

"How's the fashion industry going?"I asked.

My mother is a fashion designer and she just got into a big fashion firm in London. I don't know much about it but I knew that she had a big role in the company.

"It's been great."She assured, "You should try modeling for us once with that adorable face of yours."

"Yeah, not happening."I chuckled and shook my head.

"At least sign up for Instagram, love."She suggested, "It's easier for me to look at you when I miss you."

"I send you pictures."I reminded.

"Barely."She retorted.

"I promise to do it more, "I assured.

She let out a soft chuckle.

"You've never changed."She said with a wide smile, "I'm happy that you are still the same old Liam."

I couldn't help but take another glance at Brady and he seemed kinda calmed at the moment.

"So, who's this guy you've been seeing?"She finally asked.

"Brady and I are together, "I mentioned and immediately cringe, worried that she won't approve.

"Who's that?"She raised her eyebrows.

"Brady, as in the deputy that's been looking out after me."I pointed at him.

"Oh, yeah, right."She said awkwardly, "Isn't he much older than you?"She said, not sounding genuine.

"Not that much."I muttered.

Brady Hutton

Liam and his mother took way too long to finish up the dinner but after a long while, I finally sent them home.

"We're planning to play some board games. You should come and join us." Liam's mother, Brenda suggested, "It's a good way for us to get to know each other."