Epilogue:Part 1

Brady Hutton

"Don't worry, Liam, I'll be there, "I assured on the phone.

"Did you-"

"Pick up the suit for tonight."I finished his sentence, "Yes."

"And-"

"Have the rings?"I finished his sentence again, "I sure do." I checked my pocket but it was not there, "Maybe I don't but I'll find it."

"I'm sorry."He mumbled, "I'm just nervous."

"It's not every day that your parents decide that they want to get married again."I joked.

"I can't wait to see your siblings tonight."He added, "Oh and did you-"

"Prepare the outfit for the twins."I finished his sentence for the last time, "I did."I said and noticed Ryan coming back with the coffee while I waited in the car, "I'll see you tonight. Love you."

"Love you too."He said and hung up the phone.

"Hurry up, deputy."I said to Ryan, who just opened the door, "Don't expect things to be easy just cause' it's your first day."

Ryan suddenly got some inspiration to be a cop after staying with me for the last few months and to my surprise, he is one of the best in his class. The sheriff, who hates Ryan's guts was shocked when Ryan came to his office one day to apologize. Ryan told the sheriff about everything that happened at the prison where his father got shot and how he blamed him for that. The sheriff felt bad and apologized to him a lot. That was when the sheriff gave him a piece of paper and said that he would make a good cop. Ryan got his GED and tried his best to get the job. It wasn't easy since Ryan didn't really have a good track record but he was never actually charged in anything serious and the sheriff had to pull some strings to get him into the program.

"Don't do drugs, kids, "Ryan yelled at some kids from the window.

"Really, Ryan."I rolled my eyes.

"Someone had to tell them."He muttered.

"We got a 10-66 near Lake Aden."The lady on the radio said.

"Copy that, "I replied on the radio.

"10-66, that's someone being suspicious, right?"Ryan asked.

"Someone's been doing their reading, "I remarked and started the drive.

"Yeah, whatever."He shrugged.

&&&&&&

I stopped the car and we had to walked from there to reach the river.

"I hope it's something crazy like samurais or something," Ryan said.

"I have never seen a samurai ever since I started the job and I doubt that I'll be seeing it anytime soon, "I said.

We heard something and I signal for Ryan to get down.

We started to move slowly to the area and we saw three people were drinking just behind a fence that was cut opened and there was a sign that said "no trespassing." on top of it.

"I'm from the sheriff's office and I'm gonna have to ask you guys to leave, "I said to the group.

"Oh shit, Ryan Finely."One guy said and laughed hysterically with the others, "I thought they were joking when they said you're a pig now."

"Hey, screwballs, it's been a while," Ryan said awkwardly.

I remember screwball as one of the guys that I fought not long ago.