15

Liam Rawley

After doing what Brady advised me, I managed to score a date with Jake.

I ignored him when he tried to talk to me in the hallway and when we talked, I just pretended like I didn't hear him. That made him make the first move and ask me out.

So, there I was, on my date with Jake. He took me to a small restaurant in town. The place wasn't fancy but it was nice for a date as the lights were dim and there were candles in the middle.

Brady was also there but he was sitting at another table alone as he always did when I go out with my friends. Yes, it was awkward to have him around but I already got used to him following me around everywhere.

"How's the food?"Jake asked awkwardly.

"It's good," I mumbled.

The date wasn't going that well because we didn't really have that much in common. He was more of a sports kind of a guy and I'm just not that.

"So, you like Harry Potter?"I asked, "I used to read the book a lot when I was younger."

"I've never read it."He said bluntly.

"You must be those fans that only like the movies, "I remarked sarcastically.

"Haven't seen those either."He said.

"Oh, "I mumbled under my breath, "I just thought that you...Never mind."

"Hey, can I borrow your phone for a while?"He asked out of nowhere, "I kinda need to call my mom and my phone is dead."

"Yeah, sure."I took out my phone and gave it to him.

"I'll be right back."He said with a weak smile and left me alone.

Okay, so the date was getting worse. I wanted to leave but I just thought that I owed Jake a chance because he made all this effort to take me out.

"Did he left already?"Brady asked me after coming to my table.

"No, he has to call his mom or something." I explained, "Can you keep me company until he comes back?"

"Sure," He nodded and sat on Jake's seat, "I like your outfit. The guy is crazy if he doesn't fall in love with you tonight."

I was just wearing a blue-black colored shirt that was tucked into my jeans. It was nothing special but Brady has always been like that. He is the type of guy that just knows what to say. I was feeling insecure about Jake but he made me feel better about it.

"Hey, I'm sorry that it took a while but I have to head off, "Jake announced after coming back to the table and handed me my phone.

"Oh, okay, "I mumbled.

"Seriously man?"Brady clenched his teeth, "You can't just ditch someone in the middle of the date."

"It's a family emergency."Jake defended.

"It's fine, Jake."I said softly, "You can go ahead and settle it."

"Goodbye, Liam."Jake said, "I'll see you at school."

I nodded and he left me alone with Brady.

"We should also get going too, "I announced.

"Or we can stay."Brady said casually, "I mean the guy promised you a date so you deserve one."

"Do you mean a date with you?"I chuckled lightly.

"Yeah," He leaned back on his seat, "If you haven't noticed, I'm kinda a catch."