27

Liam Rawley

When my father said "bonding time" I thought that he meant going fishing or fixing up an old car but we were volunteering at the local library.

There were a few people there too and it didn't take me long to see Laurel with her father. With the whole Dan thing that just happened, it was kinda awkward to see her without spilling it but I was just glad to see her.

"I'm going to go say hi to my friend," I said to my father and went up to her.

"Thank god you're here."Laurel sighed as I stood in front of her, "At least this year, I won't be bored to death."

"You volunteer here a lot?"I asked.

"Yeah, once a year."She mentioned, "Unlike your dad, who comes in every few months. So, good luck with that."

"Hello, Laurel."My father greeted her, "Here are the worksheets. You guys can arrange the shelf first."

"That sounds easy."I shrugged.

"Arranged it by colors and titles I mean."He added.

"Let's get started then, "Laurel suggested and we went to our first shelf, where everything was arranged unlike what my father just told us to do, not even a little bit.

"This is gonna take long."I pointed out, "There's still a lot more shelves."

"Don't worry, we're not the only one volunteering," She assured, "Let's just finish whatever we can."

After a while arranging the first few shelves, I decided to take a glance at Laurel, who was focused on the task.

"So, I hung out with Dan today."I said out of nowhere," Brady is helping him out with his Juilliards audition."

"That's so nice of him."She said casually.

"Dan is amazing at the violin, don't you think?"I asked.

"Yeah, he's okay."She shrugged.

I thought that it would be a good idea to get some intel on whether or not she likes Dan but so far, she barely thinks about him.

"He's not that bad looking too, "I added.

"What are you doing?"She questioned, "Do you like him or something?"

"What?No?"I defended, "I just think that the two of you would make a great couple."

"With Dan?"She let out a humorous laugh, "We've been friends for so long that I can't see him in another way. And eww,Liam."

That kinda made me frowned but I put on a fake smile when she looked at my face, "Yeah, eww."I said awkwardly.

"I brought some muffins, do you want to have lunch later?"She offered.

&&&&&£

Brady: How's your "bonding time"?

I chuckled when I got the text from Brady after I sat down with Laurel on a bench.

Me: We're volunteering at the library, what do you think?

Brady: It's a better way to spend your weekend than watching Dexter all day.

After a few minutes, I looked through Instagram and saw that Dan posted a story. It was a picture of him and Brady hanging out together at the town. Dan was smiling widely but Brady just stood there with a bitter face.