32| New beginnings

(Flashback-the epilogue)

Jimin's P.O.V

My feet strode against the marble floor, the corridor was filled with students as usual, but I still felt lonely, she didn't come today...I pulled on the strap of my bag, holding the bouquet of the yellow flowers securely in my hand. They were for her, but she didn't show up at the time.

My shoulders slumped and my head hanging down, I reached my locker. I looked up and saw decoration put upon it, the words "HAPPY B'DAY JIMINE" stood out from the regular metallic lockers around me, I gulped, my grip on the flowers tightened as I swing open the door.

A loud pop was heard, and the next thing I knew, I was drowning in confetti, I flinched and the hallway grew silent, I bowed to everyone and apologized for the mess, it took a few minutes before the attention was off me, I huffed out, ruffling my hair removing the glittery pieces sitting on my head.

What do I do with this now...

I removed it from in top of my books, accumulating the material in one corner, my fingers brushed against an unfamiliar texture, I brushed off the confetti, it was a wishing card, a ribbon holding the big paper together preventing it from spilling it what lies within.

"To my Jimine" I read the elegant cursive stationed on the center front.

I slowly untied the silver ribbon from the black paper, my eyes scanned the pictures and doodles, text written below each of them, the first picture was of me and Cathy together, I was covering up my face in the background, she was smiling at the camera.

"I told you, you looked good with eyeliner, but you didn't let me take a picture of you."

I whispered out the caption.

The second picture was her holding a rose, a yellow specifically, we were smiling, looking at the camera.

"I love your rose even after it withered, I'm not planning to throw it away, I know I sound crazy, but it's true."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I saw the third image of ours, I was holding a kitten and she was trying to pat it while being scared to hell.

"The kitten was cute but it scratched me and it didn't scratch you!"

My eyes glanced at the second page, an envelope glued to it, with the words "Open It" written above, I slid my hand under the flap and took out a sheet, unfolded it, and began reading silently.

"My Dear Mochi,

First of all, Happy Birthday! You're turning 15 today! I hope you enjoyed my little surprise and didn't get scared by it. You're one of the best things that ever happened in my life, you're my number one treasure, thank you for being with me and helping me. Jimine I will forever be your debtor, what you've done for me...it's just too great to be expressed with these mere words, so now, you must probably questioning why am I writing this instead of telling you all this in school, Jimine...I'm sorry, I promised that there won't be any secrets between us but I kept this from you, I came as a transfer student to your school, only for two months, tomorrow is going to be my last day here, I don't even know if I'll come tomorrow, I'm sorry Jimin, I don't want to leave you, I didn't even want to tell you this after knowing how much it may hurt you. I still wanted to keep this a secret from you, but that would've been so wrong of me. Hold up, you know what? if I do come tomorrow, we will have the best day of our lives! ButI may have another secret of mine to tell you..? Please don't kill me, I beg of you! We'll pretend it's just another normal day instead of being sad about our last day together when I see you, okay? Wait for me Jimine~