1| First Meet

"Gosh," I slammed the door behind me, resting my forehead against the surface of the door. It felt cold and comforting against my warm and sweating skin. I huffed out, trying to stabilize my ragged breathing. 

Today was an awful day.

I kicked the shoes off my feet, entering my house, and throwing my handbag on the couch I slowly removed the scarf tied around my waist, frowning as I looked at the torn material of my dress. Sighing, I stripped out of my clothes; stepping into the shower.

******

 I rested my exhausted body on the couch, staring at the wall clock.

"Past midnight" I mumbled. 

My thoughts kept wandering off to what happened at the event party today, although I didn't want to remember it.

I was standing near the bar section, talking with some of the people present there when some stupid man stepped on my gown, the silver satin seared, ripping up to my mid-thigh, my left leg exposed to the eyes of the public. 

 So many emotions attacked my head at that time: anger, frustration, embarrassment. I was not able to control my actions, as I; without any volition, slapped the man hard on his face. The man's hand covered cheek, his side profile was all that was visible to me. Gasps could be heard around us as the room broke into hushed whispers. Like a slow-motion scene of a typical movie, the man's gaze landed on me, an expression took over his features that I couldn't comprehend. 

I stepped back and gulped upon realizing what I have done, expecting the man to hit me again, or yell at me, maybe even insult me.

My eyes scanned his attire, slightly taken aback by the aura of perfection he carried. His skin was flawless as if he was the reason why the room was illuminated, and not because of the fluorescent light bulbs above my head. Sharp eyes and plump lips complementing his little nose. 

 His blonde hair swept back, showing his forehead, his figure clad in a tuxedo, rings adorned the fingers of his veiny hands, black shoes; polished. Breath stuck in my throat; I couldn't decipher anything in my thoughts that is so-called sensible. 

He looked ravishing. Certainly not on the list of someone that you will want to mess with. 

But to my surprise, a smirk spreads across his face. He looked at the other people staring at him, touching the cheek which was a bright red in color now, standing out on his wheat-colored skin, He scoffed as he put his wine glass on the table, the smirk replaced by a sorrowful expression. 

His eyes grew wide as his eyes stared at my now torn dress. Gasping softly, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, please wait for a second okay?" He looked at the crowd, signaling for someone to come. My eyes followed his movements; a woman appeared, her figure dressed in a black silk dress, she stood by the man as he whispered something into her ear. 

She walked back to where she came from, out of the view for a few seconds before walking to the man, a white scarf now clutched in her hands. She handed him the fabric and he stepped forwards towards me, ducked down, his fingers grazing my waist as he tied the scarf around it. He stood straight up, leaning towards my ears and whispering, "I'm afraid you're in great trouble, my lady." I shuddered, feeling his breath fanning on my skin. 

Those words snapped me back to reality.  My headache worsened. 

If parties are like these I'm never gonna attend one again.

As if the bile in my stomach had vigorously started acting, I felt a sudden urge to throw up.

 I barely remember his face, nothing occupied my mind at the moment except that smirk. 

'You're in danger', whatever, whatever, as if I'm ever going to see him again, and if I did, I'll apologize cut all the remaining ties right there.   I scoffed. 

Just then I heard someone knock on the door. I glanced at my clock again, it read 12:30 pm. 

Do I have a delivery?

The delivery hours are over now though...

Without going over it twice, I swing the door open, there stood two people in black hoodies. 

That doesn't seem like a uniform though...is this a new trend?

I gulped, as I let out a faint "Yes...?"

 One of them spoke, "Is your name y/n?" I felt a shiver run down my spine. 

This isn't good...

"Yes," is all that I could choke out at the moment. They look at each other, nodding. 

Before I could realize what was happening, I find myself being dragged out by the two of them, I screamed but no one to my help.

 I snapped my eyes open, as the sound of my alarm echoed in the house. I groaned getting up from the couch and turning it off.  

Seems like I fell asleep on the couch huh... My head still aches. 

I wince rubbing my temple, sighing, it felt as if someone's hammering nails into my brain, I rummaged through my cabinets, searching for a familiar tablet. Gulping down on the painkillers with water, I began to tidy up the house before leaving for work. 

I got dressed and sat down at the dining table eating my breakfast, scrolling through social media on my phone. The sound of the doorbell ringing makes me flinch.  

I don't think I ordered something online...did I?

I opened the door still focused on my phone, "Yes?" I asked.

No reply. 

Weird...

I look up to see two men standing in front of me, gun in their hands, one had black hair while the other had chocolate brown. Fighting back the urge to gasp and tremble, I mumbled, "Do nightmares ever come true?"

------XXX------