41| A concerned friend

"Are you planning to stay here today too?"

"Maybe yes, maybe no," I replied, sipping the cold orange juice.

Another say here at the company, and in Tae's chamber; after last night, I couldn't help but feel more comfortable around him. Thankfully, he didn't take me as a creep, and currently, he works while I sat on his couch, doing absolutely nothing but being lazy. No project presentations, no business trips, just sitting idle.

"So, you aren't planning to leave?" Taehyung asks, crossing his hands over his chest. "Why do you always want to kick me out of your office, hmm?"

"It's not about kicking you out," He sighs, "You know, just do something...beneficial."

"I don't have anything 'beneficial' to do." I mused, rolling the liquid in the glass, clicking my tongue.

Taehyung huffs out and stands in front of me, averting my gaze to him I raised my brow, "Okay. I'll stop trolling; I want you and Jimin to sort out things with each other."

I froze, thinking about it for a moment, keeping the glass of beverage on the ground. "I...I don't know, we clearly aren't a pleasing sight for each other you know..."

"That's why; you both need to talk things out."

"I'm not ready..." I muttered, he doesn't know about my mentality for him, it's difficult to see the person whom I once used to cherish hate me, it hurts...it hurts like hell even though I won't admit it. I can't afford to let my walls down around him just to get mocked at. I can't let him in...if I start caring for him again— it'll jeopardize my unstable emotions. Jimin doesn't know and he shouldn't, I don't want to go and enlighten him; I'll just be accused of lying or digging through his personal life.

"Then get ready! Trust me on this; it'll turn out good for you, both of you."

"Taehyung I-"

"Listen," He sat down beside me, I turned sideways, looking at the seriousness held within his eyes, "I know, I know it may feel difficult, but Y/n trust me on this...I'm not lying, Jimin isn't what he is being at the moment, his thoughts are clouded by others' opinions. He isn't himself, he isn't thinking rationally at the moment—letting the heat of the moment stir his feelings up."

I quietly listened, not knowing how to respond. He always tells me Jimin isn't being himself but he won't give me a clear answer, obscuring his words.

"Why can't you just tell me what I should do Tae? Why do you have to be confusing every time," I whispered, unsure if I should say it, but he heard it.

"I know I'm being frustrating and forceful," he runs his hand through his hair, sighing tiredly, "But it's better you find out on your own, I have my restrictions, I'm not supposed to be disloyal to any one of them, not you too."

"I don't want to mystify things either, I'm just...I'm not in the right place to disclose some things, but I'm trying my best to fix everything, you, Jimin, I'm trying. Why won't any of you take a step out of the shell of hatred you're both living in?! Just be a little brave for once, do you think this is fine?"

My breath hitched when Taehyung looked up, seemed as if he was about to cry, the wall of his damn on the verge of breaking, barely holding the weight on his shoulders. "We're not okay Y/n, me or Jimin or Jin hyung, we aren't okay, it's a little too much and such an unexpected thing that has happened to us."

He took a deep breath, collecting himself, "I and Jin hyung aren't on talking terms, Jimin won't even look at me, no one is even listening to me, I don't blame you for it, I don't blame Jimin, but stop acting like everything is fine the way it is!"