49| It's okay

"Is he there?" I ask Taehyung anxiously. He shakes his head in vain, stressed about the whole situation. Jungkook was nowhere to be found; neither around the home nor around the airport. He was getting late for the flight. The others were very worried about him; all we got to know from Namjoon was that Jin wasn't in his best mental state, so he couldn't leave him alone.

Hoseok and Yoongi were looking for him too, but we didn't hear from them. Taehyung sat on the front porch feeling defeated. Cussing at every being in the universe for putting him in a scenario like this. He was losing faith. Nothing turned out the way he thought it to be and he couldn't help but feel vulnerable. He inhaled a shaky breath, running a hand through his hair. "Why...just why is this getting worse?" He whispered.

I wanted to comfort him, tell him that it'll be all okay, but I very well knew it wasn't my place to say. I haven't done anything good to them since I met them, what would anything now make a difference. I silently sat beside him, my hesitant hand reaching out in an attempt to rub his back but I froze mid-way when I realized something. "Taehyung..." I whispered, heart, beating loudly in my chest with the little glimmer of hope, I knew the last option.

"Taehyung!" I gently shook him with urgency, he looked up, red eyes, brimming with tears, mustering a broken 'what' out of his lips. "The hospital, Ji...His room! He can be there. He looked at me ridiculously, "We were present there when he disappeared." "Exactly! He wasn't there when we were in the room, but, now we're here." He just shook his head in disbelief, "No, he won't be."

I sighed, "At least we can look! He isn't picking calls or replying to texts, and we can't reach him by other means, searching is the only option!" Taehyung rubbed his temple, sweat forming on his forehead because of the sun. "Okay."

I grabbed his hand, lightly squeezing it, with a hopeful nod we dashed to the hospital. The chances of Jungkook being there was very little he might not be there at all, but it was the last thing I could think of, and partly it was to keep Taehyung from a breakdown, again. He already has been through a lot, and it must've been pretty hard to hold up.

I rushed inside the hospital room, desperate to find the black-haired boy. I was greeted with the cold silence instead, and the beeps which annoyed me. My shoulders slumped in defeat, my heart sinking to my stomach. Jungkook wasn't there. I sighed heavily, hesitant to turn around, worried I'd see the sadness and disappointment in Taehyung's eyes again. "I...Taehyung, let's look somewhere else," I said without looking back, "I'm sure he must be-"

Where is he?

"Taehyung?" I called out; he was behind me a minute ago! We entered the building together, where did he go? Exiting the room, I stepped into the hallway. A hunched figure sitting on the metal bench, with his head in his hands, Taehyung sat beside him, running a consoling hand on his back. Jungkook was here...I quietly stood there; Jungkook's heavy sniffles resonating in the sick white-colored hallway. "What happened?" Taehyung softly asked, his eyes now brimming with tears.

Taehyung knew it must've been hard on Jungkook. The youngest rarely cries, but when he does they know that it is because he couldn't handle it anymore. He hated seeing everyone whom he cared for suffering. Seeing Jungkook cry, he was barely able to control his tears, but he knew better.

"What happened, Jungkook?" He gently asked.

"I-I don't know hyung..." He sobbed into his hands, eyes continually watering and emotions flooding. "Where did it all go wrong?" He mumbled under his breath, taking in deep ragged breaths. Taehyung smiled sadly, tears dripping down his cheeks, "From the beginning," he answered, patting the younger's hair. Taehyung looked at me, extending his phone and gesturing silently to tell others. I nodded, walking away to give them their required space. Exiting the hallway, I dialed the recent number on the call log, hopefully, Namjoon's.