11| The Piano

"Did you like it Y/n?" Taehyung asked. I didn't how time fly by, one second I was outside at the door and the other I was sitting on one of the stools in the room listening to a melody that felt like honey and smelt like cherries. If only I could see that tune, it would've been something like that and smelt like that.

"I...it was engrossing"

"I know right! Yoongi hyung made this to be featured in a coffee commercial!"

The man in the spotlight didn't even turn to look at me, focused on his sheets of music, he had stopped playing the piano.

"See hyung! I bet this will be one of your best compositions ever"

"Hmm," he hummed. Then he turned around, his dyed white hair covering up his forehead a little, resting his back against the piano slightly, he smiled slightly. His cat-like eyes flickered up to me, "Engrossing...?"

I flinched slightly, sitting and listening to your kidnapper play the piano, and talking to him isn't a situation everyone faces in life, however, this golden opportunity was gifted to me.

Keyword: sarcasm.

"Y-yeah"

"How do you find this engrossing?" Yoongi asked leaning in.

Engrossing is just engrossing! Don't you know the meaning? If you don't then look it up in a dictionary. What kind of question is that?

"Like when we are simply lost into the notes, the body automatically rocking back and forth to the melody that type of engrossing"

"Right! I told Hyung that, but he still says he needs improvement" Taehyung filled up his cheeks with air.

My eyes widen, one second he was darn serious as if studying microbiology and now he's acting like a three-year-old.

Yoongi grimaced, leaning back "You should stop doing that Taehyung, or else one day you'll turn into a balloon" I tried to hold my laugh in but I couldn't. I hid my face in my hands and started laughing.

"Hey! Don't laugh! I'm not a balloon."

"I k-know, I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry" I managed to utter out between my laughing.

I regained my composure and sat straight, it was enough I laughed as if they are not some strangers but my dearest of friends.

Now

I

Am

Embarrassed

"Hyung gets off, I want to play now!" Taehyung lightly patted Yoongi's shoulder and when he passed him an irritated look, Taehyung shooed him off the stool in front of the piano and onto the stool beside me. I shifted uncomfortably as I watched Taehyung take a seat, straitening his back and cracking his knuckles before placing them above the keys.

"He plays it too?" I asked out loud, not even sure to whom.

"He does" Yoongi answered in a deep voice, clearing his throat afterward.

I nodded, watching him drifting to another world as his fingers worked on top of the keys. I close my eyes, listening to the music, trying to get lost in a world where I'll be all alone, in peace, no worries, no troubles, just me and music, forever.

"Y/n?"

My eyes snapped open upon hearing my name come out of the man's mouth, I looked at him, raising my brow, he cleared his throat again. "I mean Ms. Kim can I call you Y/n?"