31| Promise

Flashback(part-5)

"Cathy! where have you been?"

I didn't even get a chance to enter the classroom, he came out of nowhere, standing in front of me, his face adorned by a worried expression.

What an Idiot.

"You even missed a class! Where were you?" He grabs my shoulders gently his brows furrowed, his forehead ceasing with lines. I looked him dead in the eye, with a blank expression, slowly removing his hands from my shoulders I grasp them in mine.

He looks down at my hands engulfing his, and smiles. "I have something I want to ask you," I say softly. "Yeah?" his voice was as light as a feather. I looked around the classroom filled with students, looking at our hands again, I sigh, my thumb gracing his knuckles. "Outside, somewhere alone."

He's taken aback, I could feel it, his eyes widening and looking at me in bafflement. Though he relaxes soon after, grasping my hands tightly, I found him smiling when I looked at his face. "We can, but after we attend our classes, okay?" He smiles wider, I don't.

Stop it! Stop acting like you're all okay! Why are you even doing this?!

He notices the blank expression prominent on my face and finally asked, "Hey, are you okay?"

I inhale sharply, "No, I want to talk to you"

"We will Cathy, let's wait till school gets over." He tried to drag me into the classroom.

I don't move, my feet glued to the ground. I gulp harshly, "Now."

He frowns, "Cathy what happened-"

"Now," I said pushing away my aggression. Jimin sighs, finally giving up, "Okay"

I grab him by his hand, not daring to hold his wrist, or his arm, god knows what I am about to see when I make him roll his long sleeves up. I drag him into an empty corridor, making him stand in front of me, he never stopped smiling, but I couldn't smile, how could I? The anxiousness was eating me up from inside, what if whatever they said was all true?

What if they really did all those horrible things to him, and he's still smiling as if he's the happiest person in the world right now, and not in pain. I gulp again, stepping close to him, avoiding his gaze. "Jimin...is there anything you would like to tell me?"

He looks at me, "Like?" he keeps his voice as low as possible, his hands now buried in the pockets of his trousers.

"Anything that...you haven't told me yet?" Jimin tenses up again.

"Well, that you got full marks on your assignment?" He grins, his eyes forming crescents.

"What?! Really?!" My eyes widen.

"Yeah! I got a little sneak peek of your grade when I went to Ms. Lee to ask something" He takes my hand in his.

"Congratulations Cathy, you worked hard"

"Oh my god, thanks!" I beamed, but my smile soon flatters, he's trying to avoid that topic.

"Jimin?" I spoke again.

He hums wanting me to continue. "Why are you wearing full sleeves?" I stare blankly into his dark brown orbs, which appeared to be shining. He goes silent for a second before chuckling nervously, "It's a bit windy today, right? So, I uh...thought this would help me stay warm, I um catch a cold easily"