35| The Shoe Box

"I guess you should start getting ready now," Taehyung said, entering my room, my eyes strained to adjust to the bright morning, handing me a cup of coffee he plopped down beside me, I pushed the covers off my body, my feet touching the ground as I sat on the bed's edge. I took the mug from his hands, the aroma of coffee beans strongly present in the air around us.

"What for again?" I groggily asked.

He sipped the brown creamy liquid, "First day of work?" His gaze shifted from the windows to me, "Drink that up before it turns cold." I lazily bought the ceramic object up to my lips, my eyes widened as I gulped down the mildly hot coffee. "You made this?" I questioned. "Yeah, is it bad?" He asked back, worriedly looking at the cup in my hands, "Mine's fine though." He lifted the mug in the air, I shook my head, "It's not bad, it's about how much you'll earn if you become a barista."

Taehyung froze, as the words slowly sink in, his lips curved up, "Well, thank you." "Do you remember where I kept the bag with my clothes? I slept soundly yesterday, I barely remember anything." I muttered rubbing the back of my head, messing my messed up hair more. He shook his head, "You mean that one?" He pointed to my opened closet, the bag placed on one of the top shelves.

I whipped my head towards it, sighing I placed the mug on the coffee table beside the bed, jumping to my feet, I pulled the shopping bag out, closing the cupboard shut. "It's finally happening..." My voice lowered as the thought of working for a company that is not Suizez clouded my mind. "I bet Jin hyung doesn't plan on keeping this going for long, it'll maximally stretch to a week, and then you'll be going back," Taehyung commented.

I nodded staring at the bag now replacing the coffee mug on the table, Taehyung got up, his hands holding the object-which was now empty, deprived of the warm liquid which it was filled with. "Get ready okay? I guess we do have an hour." "Okay." I sighed, watching his figure retreat to the wooden door and exit the room.

I hugged myself, my palms clutching my arms on my sides, decided to brush the overwhelming feeling I stepped into the bathroom.

******

I smoothened the sleeve of my white shirt, not quite feeling comfortable with the clammy feeling beneath the fabric, I unbuttoned the sleeve's button, rolling it up to my arms, clasping it again just below my elbow. Turning around, I checked my attire in the mirror. The black jeans accurately fitting my waist, while the shirt was a bit loose, nevertheless, I looked average.

Bending in front of the cupboard, I tried to find a specific shoebox, containing my footwear. After rummaging through the closet for a couple of minutes, I plopped on the floor with a sigh.

I'm pretty sure I carried it...

I recalled seeing the pair of heels in Taehyung's hands, getting up I walked down the hallway towards his room, peeking through the door, I saw him trying to fix his tie, I stepped inside the room, closing the door behind me as I walked in, he whipped his head around, alertness morphing into calmness once his eyes registered my presence.

"Hey, you're ready." He said, looking at me through the mirror, "Yeah." I answered softly, "You look...more presentable than you would've looked in any other clothing." He added with a pause. "Thank you." I checked my hair in the mirror; a few strands broke free from the rubber band's grip at the back, "Have you seen my heels?"

"You heels?" He opened his closet, taking out a metallic object and clasping it around his wrist. "Yeah, have you seen them?" He shook his head, "Didn't you carry them?" "The bag was later in your hands, Tae."

He squinted his eyes while trying to tie his watch around his wrist, appeared to be thinking something. "Ah, yes..." He inhaled deeply, once he finished his business with the object. "I doubt it's in Jimin's room, go get it." I frowned, "Why would you put it there?"