10| Yellow Roses

"Beautiful" I stated awestruck as we both entered the little paradise that was created in the backyard of this house. Why paradise? Seeing the little flower bed, on the left of the patch of the land, it felt so. Which consisted of seven different flowers, seven different colors, seven beauties. Beautifully blending.

The colors blue, pink, black, red, yellow, green, and purple blending exceptionally well together.

The blue flowers depicting reliability and wisdom, blending into pink ones indicating kindness and love, fading into black; elegant, sophisticated, and mysterious. Lighting up again brightly with the red ones, a sign of courage and passion, mixing with yellow signifying optimism and happiness, the rarest green, a symbol of balanced emotions and tranquility, followed by the purple, magical, supporting, a sign of everlasting affection.

My legs without my own volition put on the brakes in front of the small patch of land, full of flowers, I kneel, doing nothing but admiring beauty at it's best, letting my eyes scan the different colors and textures. Observing the delicacy that lied in those beautifully carved petals. I inhaled deeply, mixed scents making me feel calm all at once.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Taehyung sat on haunches beside me, a sprinkler in his hands.

"Sure thing"

"You look love-struck" He chuckled, watering the soil, not daring to harm any of the flowers.

"I always aspired to have such a small garden," I said softly

"You know gardening?" Taehyung inquires.

"Yeah I used to do when I had time, but never sufficient enough to build a flower bed"

My eyes stopped on a familiar flower, my heart fluttered, this particular one was close to my heart, the same brightness, the same happiness, resembling someone whose face was now vague in my memory. Unspoken words and broken bonds. It shone brightly among the, as if telling its own story of how happy it is right now, but a part of its is still missing.

Even though it faced a lot of hardships, it shines.

"You know these flowers' names?" Taehyung asked brushing his hair out of his eyes, looking at me.

I smiled, "I'm no floral expert but I can guess"

"Okay, go ahead"

"Blue hydrangea, pink peony, black tulip, red ranunculus, green carnation, purple pansy"

I paused, looking at the flower which was a part of my past, inhaling deeply I continued. "And yellow rose"

He stared at me with wide eyes once I finished, I looked back at him and smiled. "Every single one is correct..."

I smiled wider, pushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "I guess, my guess, was right."

"It took me a whole week to memorize the names, and how to look after every single one of them."

"Each of them needs care differently?"

"That's right, each one is fragile in its own way, if not handled carefully, they may wilt or get damaged."

"That's a lot of effort, I wouldn't have managed if I had even one of the flowers"

"For one person, it's a lot of work, but we divide it among ourselves, it makes this ten times easier" Taehyung nods in agreement.

"I see" my hand reached out to touch the yellow rose, but stopped mid-air, I looked at Taehyung for permission. He nods "Be careful not to even harm a single petal, those belong to the most possessive person among us"