36| Nonvolitional Agreement

"Deep breaths, deep breaths Y/n," Taehyung calmly spoke, one of his hands resting on the steering wheel as he eyed my jittery form sitting on the adjacent seat. I nodded hastily, inhaling ragged deep breaths.

"You're acting as if you're some inexperienced intern, relax." He chuckled, pulling the car into the parking lot.

Easy for you to say Tae.

"I...it's okay. I'm good." Exhaling sharply, I slammed the car's door shut after me, there was no way I was ready to face Jimin. I still couldn't process that Park Jimin is the Jimin whom I met nine years ago, the little bubble of happiness who taught me how to live life to the fullest. I didn't see him today, nor did I wish to. I couldn't let my emotions overpower me again, he is oblivious about this. We both have changed; it's been almost a decade but, he still remembers me (or Cathy to be exact.)

A smile slowly made its way up to my lips.

He has grown up so much.

"Earth to Y/n," Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of my face, breaking into my trance. I blinked at him, tilting my head, "You zoned out pretty hard; did you even hear what I said?" I sighed.

Snap out of it!

"Um, no, repeat please?" He shook his head, put his hands on his waist, gesturing over to the other vehicles parked in the area, "I said, they all are here already, let's go inside."

I nodded; he put the car keys in his suit's pocket, walking ahead. I straightened out my wrinkled shirt, jogging up to catch up with his pace. "What will I have to do again?" I asked once we entered the elevator, Taehyung reached out, pushing the buttons before leaning back beside me. He shrugged, "I don't know, you're assigned with Jimin, Y/n, not me."

"That's the problem," I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

******

"How long do you plan on staying here?" Taehyung sighed, putting down the stapler on his desk. He gathered the printed sheets, piling them into a bundle, he kept it aside.

I frowned, "I know my presence is disturbing you, but please let me stay here."

He plopped down beside me, on the couch in his chamber. His workroom wasn't quite different from the imagery which comes to mind at the mention of the word 'office'. The snow white-colored walls, acting as reflectors of sunlight, illuminating the room. A leather chair aligned behind his wooden desk; his name written on a plate along with a globe sat on the wood; glass windows behind his chair, the fourth wall of the room. A book-stacked shelf was against the right side of the room, a couch on the opposite side. A neatly organized area, with no fancy décor, maintaining a high level of professionalism.

"It's not that Y/n, we're only doing this for the two of you, if you don't understand each other, this all is pointless." He leaned back on the couch.

"I know, but-"

"Lean back." He spoke, his voice dropping by an octave.

"What?" Averting my gaze to him, his head was on the backrest, his body relaxed, an arm covering his eyes, "Copy." He chuckled.

I smiled slightly, leaning back. "Now, deep breaths," He instructed. I closed my eyes as my chest heaved slowly; it was peaceful, my once frenzy mind returned to the calm state; tensed muscles relaxing on leather material. "Feeling okay, now?" He asked lowly, I could sense him smiling. I hummed in reply.