27| Cathy Patterson

Flashback (part 1)

(Warning: contains the use of swear words)

Y/N's P.O.V

"Seoul High" I can almost hear the school's logo shouting. My first ever coed school...I've never been with boys before. Would they be troubling? Would they be nice? Questions rang at the back of my head. I can feel my adrenaline pulsing in my veins. It's a new feeling. It's overwhelming.

I inhaled deeply, looked over to my mom on the driver's seat. She was calm, looking straight ahead.

"I hope you only focus on your studies at this point honey"

I very well knew what that mean, I shouldn't be goofing around and just studying. "You know what to do already right?"

"Yes, mom"

"I'm really sorry. I'm putting you in the coed school, I know how uncomfortable you are and you have to go through all this, but this all is for only 2 months, your dad would be transferring soon and we'll move together with him"

I hummed in response.

"Stay away from boys Y/N, they'll just distract you from achieving your goal"

I stayed silent.

"I hope you understand honey"

"I do"

"What's my name this time?" I asked.

"Cathy, Cathy Patterson " she looked forward again.

I took my bag from the backseat, letting the straps settle over my shoulders. Adjusting my falling pair of glasses on the bridge of my nose, I stepped out of the vehicle. My long skirt making it difficult for me to walk without tripping.

I looked back at my mom, who slightly smiled and waved at me. I waved back and watched her car take off mixing with other automobiles before it was out of the view.

I sighed and looked down at my polished black shoes, this is going to be something new...where I'll either make the worst memories of my life or the best ones. I adjusted my round-rimmed glasses again as they nearly slid, and crashed on the ground.

I entered the enormous school building, if not for the formal appearance and the school's logo people would have mistaken it for a resort. From the corner of my eyes, I can see students laughing and playing on the basketball court.

Mostly boys playing and girls cheering for them, The boys wore a shirt accompanied by black trousers. The girls, on the other hand, wore white button-up blouses and white striped black skirts.

I love this school's uniform color, it's black-themed and I like black. I looked at my long skirt all the way down to my ankles. Letting my eyes wander over a girl, who was sitting and cheering for the boys. Her skirt rode up to her thighs, above knee-length.

Is that what they wear in coed schools too? I've worn short skirts in my girl's school too, but it's usually below the knee-length, and now I'm wearing it down to my ankle length. I slowly walked into the school's reception area, I can see some boys greeting each other and hugging walking to their respective classes.

I feel anxious, insecure, and afraid. I don't want to be the center of attention...I really hope no one even notices me these two months.

I reach the reception's desk and the lady behind the glass greets me with a warm smile, I feel at ease a bit. "Good morning, how can I help you my dear?" she chirped.