55. Lets try this again

Xavier POV

It's been two weeks since I got arrested. I wanted Nevah's birthday to be special where I proposed and we did whatever. But that plan went to shit. So tonight I'm doing it again. I'm taking her to McDonald's then to the beach. I have already taken the ring back which she hasn't noticed, thank god.

So here we were, in my car driving to McDonald's to make it as unsuspicious as possible. We went through the drivethru and headed to the beach. I'm only doing this because I got arrested then I found out that my dad proposed to my mum in a romantic hotel room like that so that kind of put me. But you know what they say, great minds think alike. Well, in England they do.

Soon enough, we got to the beach and took our food on to the sand where I placed a blanket down and sat with Nevah. Her head on my shoulder as we ate in a comfortable silence.

"I love you." Nevah looked at me.

"I love you to." I chuckled a little.

"How much?" She asked.

"Words can't explain how much. It's that much." I told her. "How much do you love me?"

"More than words I can say. Wait, no that doesn't make sense. Like you, I can't explain how much." She giggled a little, turning from serious to light and giggly.

"To the moon and back. Around the whole Milky Way because it's endless." I smiled.

"To the moon and back." Nevah whispered. I leaned in and kissed her, tasting the burger sauce that was still on her lips a little. It made me chuckle making me pull away sooner than I'd like to.

"What?" Her cheeks turning red.

"Nothing." I laughed. "I could taste the sauce from the burger still on your lips."

"Oh god." Nevah put her hands on we face, covering herself and the blush from embarrassment.

I put my hands on her wrists, taking them from her face and placing kisses on the white scars that still remained years later.

"Don't hide that blush from me." I smirked a little. "It's ok. I don't care what you taste like because both lips are breath taking." My smirk widened.

"My god Xavier." Nevah slapped my chest playfully, her cheeks going impossibly more red.

"Don't fight it baby." I chuckled. "I'm kidding. Come on, let's go for a walk." I stood up, sticking my hand out for Nevah to take. I picked up our rubbish and went to a nearby bin then went back to the small girl.

The blanket wrapped around her as we walked along the shore away from my car. We both laughed and walked in the water carrying our shoes in one hand while the other held each other's.

After a while, I stopped making Nevah stop as well. "What?" She smiled at me.

"Let's try this again." I started. I pulled the same small box from my jeans pocket and kneeled down on one knee. "The last time I was like this it didn't really went well. So I'm redoing it. And I found out that my dad proposed to my mum in a hotel room to, so this is to new memories and our proposal story." I took a deep breath.

"This won't be word for word but here goes. Nevah Leigh Conway, the last four years of my life has been the best years of my existence. You gave me the light no one else could shine through in my darkness. You made me realise what it is to be a real man, to love and how to treat women properly. You got my head from my arse when I needed it most, saving me from most likely a life of drugs and alcohol. The day we met you made me feel things no other has made me feel and it scared me at first. But the more we spent time together I realised there was nothing to be scared of, because I had you. Because you lit up the way to show me there was nothing to fear." Tears streamed down her cheeks. "It made me see that there is more to life than idiotic mates who rely on weed, drugs and alcohol in life. You have no idea how much I love you, how much you make me feel whenever you give me the slightest bit of attention. You make my heart flutter at your laugh, at your smile that I always want to see as well as hear your laugh. To make love to you so tenderly because you deserve all the care in this world and more, more than I could ever give you but I'll try. I will try my best at making you smile and laugh, to have pleasure when you want it, to see you happy because that is what matters most. You are the most important person in my life Nevah Leigh, and I would never change you for anyone at all, and I can promise you that. So will you make me the happiest man to walk this earth and be my wife? Will you marry me?"

"Yeah." Nevah nodded. Once again taking my cheeks in her hands and pulling my lips to hers. I stood up picking her up so her legs wrapped around my waist making her head level with mine.

I pulled away after a couple of minutes and took the ring from my box sliding it on to her finger. Once again sitting next to the promise ring I once gave her.

"I love you." I pecked her lips.

"I love you more." Nevah pecked my lips again.

"I love you most."

"I love you 3000." She giggled.

"Can't beat that can I?" I chuckled. "Nothing like a bit of marvel huh?"

Nevah giggled and kissed me again. God I really do love this girl.

"I know the ring isn't much. But I didn't know what you wanted, and I know you don't like over the top things so I got a simple one." I told her.

"It's perfect. I love it. Don't ever doubt that. I love you." Nevah kissed me.

"I love you." I mumbled against her lips.