9. Sleepover

Nevah POV

"Xavier can you take us to the shop please?" Bella asked her older brother. It was not time for the sleepover, school was done and it was time for the weekend. John said I had been good this week so is letting me spend tonight and tomorrow night with my friends, which Logan and paisley agreed to as well seeing as their daughters got really happy.

"Bells I'm busy." Xavier grunted out. We stood by his bedroom door as he did push ups on his bedroom floor.

"Working out isn't busy." Hope rolled her eyes. "It'll take, like ten minutes. Lia can't drive and mum and dad have gone on date night so Lia is watching Finn. Besides there's creeps out there and we can't exactly defend ourselves because we're not all macho macho man like you."

Xavier stopped his press ups and sat down on his floor with his arms on his knees. His eyes flickered to mine making me look away and my cheeks heat up more. It didn't help that him working out was doing stuff to me.

"Fine." He sighed. "Has mum and daddy given you money?" He asked while putting a T-shirt over his head leaving it to cling to his sweaty hot body.

Oh god, I'm thinking that of my best friends brother, who is way older and wouldn't even look at me like that. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Oh fuck. We forgot to ask." Bella shouted frustratedly.

"Fuck sake." I heard Xavier mutter under his breath. "I'll pay, you owe me though." He looked at his sisters.

"What about Nevah?" Bella whined. "She'll be eating to."

"She isn't my annoying pestering little sisters is she? Now let's go before I change my mind." He said. We all went out of the house to a five seater car. Bella and I sat in the back while Hope in the front with Xavier. I was behind him since Bella always sits behind the passenger side to which Xavier and Hope rolled their eyes at.

Every time I looked at the rear view mirror I'd look at Xavier hoping he'd look at me. Under his exterior of muscle and bad boy vibes I feel like he would keep me safe, tell me everything will be ok and hold me. And each time he'd look at me which made me snap my eyes away and blush... hard. Is it bad that I want him? It's not a desire that I feel sexually, but romantically.

I want him to hold me, I want to hold him, even if it was for two seconds. The safety I feel from Xavier is strange. The more I'm near him the more I just want to hug him and stay wrapped in his arms where he won't let me go and I won't let him go. But I can't.

I can't because he's eighteen and I'm fourteen, I can't because he's my best friends brother. Not only that but he probably has a girlfriend or something that is way better and more beautiful than me so it only makes sense. He only looks at me because he can feel me staring at him.

Is it wrong of me to fall that fast? In the space of 24 hours I already feel safe. I can't explain it, but whenever our eyes meet for that split second, it gives me that small hope of being safe with someone. Someone that won't hit me, that won't call me names and someone that will love me for me.

Soon enough, we got to the shop where the girls pulled me in and picked up a basket. They started putting in a bunch of sweets, chocolate and different drinks.

In the end we had a bunch is chocolate buttons, aero, Cadbury, buenos, Terry's chocolate orange, ferrero rocher, sour rainbow belts, strawberry laces and much more. With drinks we had milkshake, Dr Pepper, Fanta and Pepsi. All which I have never tried before because John never let me.

Once Xavier paid, we went back to their house. Us girls went to Hope and Bella's room while Xavier went back to his. The twins put on a film called love actually. Even though it's about Christmas i still enjoyed it. My first real, proper film I've ever watched. I'm glad I met these two. I hope I don't lose them as friends, and the safety I feel whenever Xavier is around to. 

A/N: Oki last chapter tonight. It's almost midnight where I am and I'm almost falling asleep. Thank you for reading so far, don't forget to comment and vote if you like it so far 😊