59. Wedding reception

Xavier POV

Everyone sat at their tables eating a meal of Nevah's choice, but something we both agreed on. After everyone ate, we all sat and spoke for a while before grandpa and Abuelo stood up to make a toast.

"Today was the day my grandson married one lucky lady." Abuelo smiled. "It's finally good to see both of these kids over the moon happy even with all the shit they've been through. This is to Xavier and Nevah, to the happy couple and shall they last. To Xavier and Nevah." He raised a glass.

"To Xavier and Nevah." Everyone smiled and took a sip of their drinks.

Eventually everyone was mingling and lost in conversation. Loud laughter erupted from the men, men meaning Abuelo, grandpa, mate, dad, Cole and Sebastian. While the girls were all gossiping. Nevah was no where in sight so I walked around to find her. She was sat outside in the cold spring wind.

"What's wrong?" I sat next to her on the wall, draping my jacket over her and pulling her to my side. Rubbing my hands up and down her arms to warm her up.

"Where are we going? For our honeymoon? The girls were saying we were going to Magaluf so we have to go to bars and all that." Nevah looked at me, worry in her eyes.

"No abeja. I would never dream of taking you there. It doesn't really appeal to me either." I stated. "We're going to a calm place. Just the two of us in the middle of no where."

"Where's that? Can you tell me?"

"I don't know abeja. It's like tradition to have it be a surprise." I shrugged.

"Please." She looked up at me with her cute eyes.

"Ok." I chuckled. Before I could say anything, the door to the hall opened revealing Nate.

"Come on love birds. They're just to about to do the dance with Nevah and Memphis." Nate told us.

I stood up and held my hand out for Nevah. She took it and we headed back inside. The DJ called out Nevah and Abuelo. They both went to the middle of the dance floor with all the guests in a circle around them. My suit jacket hanging on my arm after Nevah gave it back to dance.

They both danced slowly to starship, nothings gonna stop us now. It was song they both love to listen to, and to see them both dancing a singing it at home. Nevah smiling as she sings with Abuelo is one of the best sounds, Nevah's voice of course, Abuelo just adds to it.

I chuckled as I could see them both smiling widely as they sung their song together. I could see Nevah thanking him but couldn't get the rest.

Soon enough, the song ended and I was called to the dance floor. My hand held Nevah's, the other on the small of her back as she swayed and went in a circle. Photograph by Ed Sheeran played as that is mine and Nevah's song.

"Thank you, for all you've done for me over the years." Nevah hugged me as we still danced. Her hand going under my arm and resting on my shoulder with her cheek on my chest from the height difference.

"There's nothing to thank me for abeja. I will do anything for you. Just like I've been doing." I told her with a kiss to the top of her head.

"You say that now. I just don't want you to leave me, I don't want to be clingy but you make me feel safe." She started crying. "I don't want you to leave me because I'm too much for you, or you find someone else."

"I will never turn away from you. Never." Tears of my own falling. "I love your clingyness, you know why? Because you give me the best cuddles, you always surprise me with small kisses which I absolutely adore. No other girl will come to my standards because you have raised them so high. This is why I married you, not because I love you, because I do, so much. But I married you mostly because you make me better. The way you make me feel won't come close to what someone else will. And if you'll let me," I took a shaky breath. "I want to put a baby in you. Not to prove my love to you, but to expand it. So we can share our happiness and love with a baby of our own. Move out of Abuelo and grandpas house into our own space."

"I want that to." Nevah leaned up and kissed me.

"Don't be mad, but I think I've found the house. It's not far away but it's enough to have our own space. We've got a time to look at it after the honey moon." I chuckled a little.

"That's fine. I wouldn't be able to handle all that stuff anyway. Best to leave it to the expert." She laughed a little.

"I'm more of an expert when it comes to this delicious body." I smirked and picked up her to spin her around. Nevah squealed a little with a giggle. I set her back on her feet with a small chuckle of my own.

"I love you Nevah. Not anyone else, just you." I leaned down and captured her lips with mine. We stopped dancing as we stood still, kissing each other's doubts away.

"You're my only one baby." I told her and started dancing again. "That is until we have our son or daughter."

"If I do get pregnant, what do you want? A boy or a girl?" Nevah asked me.

"I wouldn't mind a boy, but that's what all men say." I chuckled. "But as long as both you and future baby Matthews is healthy, I don't care what the gender is. What about you?"

"A girl. It's only because I have a name and I'm obsessed with. It's been on my mind a lot lately." She smiled a little.

"What is it?"

"Nikah. Nikah Rose." She told me. "I was playing around with names, and saw Veronica. I started making up names with the same letters and came up with nica, the last four letters. So I wrote it down and said it over and over, then I got the spelling of the girl. N-I-K-A-H." Nevah explained.

"It's beautiful." I smiled genuinely. "But what if we have a boy first?"

"Alaric. From the vampire diaries, I love the name. Alaric Xavier Matthews." She replied.

"I love them both." I leaned down and kissed her again.

This girl is my forever, and now I get to spend the rest of my life with her.