45. It's ok

Xavier POV

"What's taking so long." I mumbled. My knee bounced in anticipation while I bit my thumb. Bad habit of mine.

"Calm down hijo. It takes time." Dad told me. (Son)

"Ella no puede ser aunque." I sighed.
(She can't be though)

"Your mum and I used protection, nostros todavía te tenemos." He shrugged. (We still got you)

"Fue una vez que no pudo haberse roto." I rubbed my hands down my face. (It was one time it couldn't have broken)

"Maybe. You never know. It's just a waiting game." Lewis said.

Grandpa came down the stairs with a soft smile. "She asleep. Go on."

I got up and ran upstairs to Nevah. She laid on the bed curled up under the covers. The peaceful look on her face made me smile a little, like a child-like peaceful. I remember seeing it on all my siblings when they were babies and toddlers.

I went into the bathroom to see the pregnancy test next to the sink. I picked it up, to see negative written on it. A sigh of relief came from my lips as I looked at it. There is no way I was going to tell Nevah she had to grow up because I got her pregnant. A baby isn't a bad thing, I know it isn't.

But Nevah's only had two years for a childhood. No one can expect her to just become an adult over night. I couldn't do that to her, not after what she's been through. I just want to know what made her sick. I mean we were up at midnight eating a shit ton of ice cream, well Nevah was, I didn't have that much. Then we went to bed straight after, so maybe it didn't sit well with her. Yeah that must be it.

I went back to the main bedroom and laid down next to Nevah. She turned over and snuggled into my chest like she always does. At least she can still be a child that little bit longer. I don't want to force her to grow up, just seeing her face light up from a Disney film or something she sees when we're out, a teddy, blanket or pillow she sees. The light in her eyes is the best thing to look at because it makes her happy. Anything to make Nevah happy and to see her smile is what I want, it's what I've always wanted the moment she first came to the house all battered up.

I never want to see her like that. All I want is to see her smile and her eyes light up. To see that childish grin on her face when someone even mentions something she likes or when Apollo makes kiss noises at her, and calls her pretty. She loves that and it makes her day. That's all I want for her. But then my mind goes to people. People who I've seen give Nevah dirty looks for being so child like, for wanting me to carry her on my hip. When we're in public and she wants to be on my shoulders and gets food over her lips when we're in a restaurant.

People like Izzy who want everyone to act their age. To be an adult when they're at that age, kids to be kids and babies to be babies. But not my Nevah. If only they know what she's been through, to know that I want her to feel normal, to feel like she can be herself and want things without people giving her dirty looks. Yet they're so judgemental that they don't see or think what others have gone through.

But I guess that's just today's society, no matter what you do or who you are. People still find ways to put people down.

Logan POV

"So? What's the result?" Paisley asked Danny when our son went upstairs.

"She's not pregnant. I think it was the ice cream tub I found empty in their room." Danny chuckled and sat next to Memphis.

"He was worried for nothing. He had an argument with Izzy for nothing. What is wrong with that boy?" Paisley mumbled.

"Mum, nothings wrong with Xavier. He's right you know. Nevah didn't get a childhood like we did. None of us understand what she went through other than uncle Lewis, maybe even Abuelo a little. Izzy is the one to grow up, she's changed and, she's just a bitch." Hope said. "I don't even know her anymore. It's like someone's taken over her body completely."

Paisley stayed silent, a look of regret on her face. I sighed and pulled her to my side and kissed the top of her head.

"Let's just leave it, ok? What's done is done. It's just a phase which Bella will get over and become her normal self." I told them.

"No dad. She told Nevah to grow up. It's out of order and she shouldn't treat our friend like that. It's bullshit." Hope let a few tears fall.

"Don't cry pequeña niña. It's ok, alright? It will get better." I told her with a soft smile. Hope nodded and rested her head on Lewis' shoulder.

"So she isn't pregnant." Autumn started.

"No. Your dad was just having baby fever." Danny laughed.

"What?" Memphis chuckled.

"You want a baby?" Sebastian asked. "You're too old to look after a baby."

"I am not. I'm only 50. That's not too old." He rolled his eyes.

"What made you want a baby?" Autumn rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Nothing." Memphis pouted.

"Come on. With that face you have to tell us." I smirked. My best friend rolled his eyes and ignored us by putting his face into Danny's chest.
"Come on Memphis. Don't hide that cute wittle blush." I said in a baby voice.

"Does Memphis want a wittle baby? How cute." Gabbie laughed.

"Babe." Christian said but a smile was still on her face. I could see him trying not to laugh as well.

"Fuck you lot." Memphis grumbled.

"Come on. Tell us, why do you want a baby?" Danny smile a little.

"I miss it." He shrugged.

"Awww." Everyone laughed at him.

"Vete a la mierda." Memphis grumbled. (Fuck off)

My crazy family.