Christmas at the Jackson's

Once upon a time, in the snowy city of New York, somewhere in a small apartment, was a happy family. The mother, a lovely and kind woman, was baking Christmas cookies in the kitchen, while her husband decorated their Christmas tree. She had given her teenage son the task of wrapping the last few presents, but he was to distracted watching his girlfriend chase his little sister.
"You know, you might wanna start wrapping these before your mom is ready."
Percy looked up at Paul, scratching the back of the neck.
"Sorry. It's just... there aren't many moments I get to see her like this. So happy and playful and-"
"So carefree?"
He nodded.
"Why don't you join them? I can wrap these presents."
Percy looked up at his stepdad.
"Really? I mean, no no I'll just do it. Mom asked me-"
"Perce, just give it to me."
He looked back at the girls chasing each other around the table and grinned.
"Thanks."
He stood up and crept up behind Annabeth, who was standing still and playfully taunting Estelle. In one quick moment he swept her up in his arms and twirled her around.
"Gotcha!"
Estelle giggled loudly, when Annabeth let out a shriek of surprise.
"Seaweedbrain!!"
She laughed.
"Put me down!"
He let out a laugh and gently lowered her to the ground, his arms tightly around her waist. When her feet touched the ground she twirled around in his arms, a smile gracing her face.
Percy really couldn't remember any moment he had seen her so happy and carefree before. Except for their underwater kiss maybe.
Annabeth was about to lean in when Sally interrupted the two teenagers.
"Keep the PDA to a minimum in front of Estelle, sweethearts."
Annabeth let out a soft laugh, a light blush dusting her cheeks, while Percy just groaned and rested his forehead against Annabeth's.
"You'll get your kiss later this evening, Seaweedbrain. Let's join the rest for now."
Percy grinned and pecked her cheek.
"I'll keep you up on that."
He laced his fingers with hers and together they walked back to the sitting area.
"So what's the plan for today?"
Percy asked, sitting down on the sofa.
"Well,"
Paul said.
"Your mom and I have to do some grocery shopping for tonight's dinner, but besides that we have nothing planned."
"What do you guys wanna do?"
Sally asked, putting 5 mugs of hot chocolate down.
"Ice skating! I wanna go ice skating!"
Estelle shouted, bouncing up and down on her feet.
"Ice skating?"
Paul asked.
"Yeah, why not. It's fun."
Percy added.
"What do you think Wisegirl?"
Annabeth bit her lip, shrugging and avoiding Percy's eyes, which made the son of Poseidon frown.
"I euh I don't know."
"Is something wrong, Sweetheart? You looked a bit uncomfortable."
"No! I mean it's just that I"
The daughter of Athena sighed.
"I've never been ice skating before. I haven't even been to a Christmas fair in years. Last time was with my father over 10 years ago. And even then it was just a short trip. Dad always had to go back to work."
Percy mentally hit himself. How could he forget? Annabeth never really liked Christmas until she started spending it with him and his family a few years ago. How could he be such a stupid boyfriend?
"Sorry, 'Beth. I forgot. I shouldn't-"
"It not your fault, Percy. I never told anyone."
"Annabeth, sweetheart?"
Sally interrupted them.
"Are there any other things you've never done before that you wanna do? Maybe we can make a list."
Paul nodded
"Why don't we get ready to go to the city? We can iceskate, visite the fair, drink hot cocoa and tonight we can make the list while we watch some movies? How does that sound?"
Annabeth smiled.
"Perfect"

###

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Estelle laughed as she skated towards her mother. It wasn't the fist time they've come down here to skate. Paul has started the tradition a few years ago, when Estelle was old enough to iceskate. It was during the time Percy and Annabeth were at Camp Half Blood during their winter break. While Estelle had fun skating around with her mother and father, Percy learned Annabeth how to skate. She got the hang of it after a few minutes, but she was still a bit wobbly. Together they skated around the ring, hands tightly entangled.
Even though she wasn't a pro and still stumbled every now and then, Annabeth had fun. They talked and laughed and even played a bit with Estelle. Annabeth did fall a few times, but that only caused more laughter and fun. After a few hours they decided to stop skating and visite the fair. The sun was setting by now and thousands of lights came to life. Everything lit up. Glowing icicles, stalls decorated with fairylights, luminous reindeer, ... It seemed like you entered a whole new magical world.
Excitement sparkled in Estelle's eyes. She took Annabeth's hand and ran of into the mass. Laughingly Percy followed them.
"Be carefull!"
Sally shouted at her dissapearing son. Paul smiled and took Sally's hand,guiding her into the opposite direction.
Meanwhile Estelle and Annabeth were admiring the luminous reindeer at the Santa house.
"They're soooo beautiful."
Estelle whispered. The daughter of Athena smiled and nodded her head.
"They are indeed. And look at the mechanics. It's amazing."
The 5 year old frowned.
"Mechanics?"
"That are the thingies that make the reindeer move."
"Aaaaaah. Can we go to the Santa house?"
"What's the Santa house?"
Estelle gasped.
"You've never been to the Santa house?!"
Annabeth schook her head.
"Then it's time we change that, Wisegirl"
Annabeth twirled around to look at the owner of the voice. A smirk forming on her face.
"You lead the way, Seaweedbrain."
Percy smiled and took Estelle's hand, so she was walking between him and Annabeth. Together they waited in the line and admired the marvolous decoratings of the house. When it was finally time for Estelle to meet Santa, she pulled Annabeth with her.
"So who are you, little princess?"
Santa asked.
"Estelle"
Estelle said proudly.
"And who is this beautiful young lady with you, Estelle?"
Estelle motioned for Santa to come closer and when he leaned down she loudly whispered:
"That's Annabeth, my brother's girlfriend, She has never been to the Santa house before. This is her first time meeting you, Santa. But don't tell her I said that."
Santa nodded, going along with her.
"Aaa. I promise."
Annabeth smiled at the little girl's antics.
"So you're Annabeth, Am I right?"
Santa asked. The daughter of Athena smiled and nodded.
"Well it's nice to meet you. Why don't we all take a picture together? I'm sure the young man over there wouldn't mind taking one."
He said motioning to Percy. The son of Poseidon smiled and took out his (monsterproof) phone.
After the picture was taken, they all headed out and walked around the fair, Estelle swinging between them. They looked at the different work crafts, tried on some christmas hats and ate some delicous foods. When they finally reunited with Sally and Paul, Estelle talked their ears of about all the fun they'd had at the fair.

Once home, they changed into their PJ's and made themselves comfortable on the couch. Percy put in a movie, while Paul made hot chocolate for everyone. Annabeth snuggled close to Percy and Estelle settled herself between her parents. Halfway through the movie Estelle eventually fell asleep, so they paused it and Paul put her to bed.
"Have you thought about your list yet, Annabeth?"
Sally asked, taking a sip of her now lukeawarm cocoa. The daughter of Athena nodded.
"And?"
"Well there are some things that would be fun to do with you guys, like going to an amusement park."
Percy opened his mouth and was about to say something, but was interupted by his girlfriend.
"And no, Seaweedbrain, 'Waterland' doesn't count. That park was decrepitted and taking that 'love ride' with all those spiders was everything but fun."
Percy shrugged and wrapped his arms back around her waist.
"I thought it was a bit fun."
Annabeth sighed.
"Okay, maybe a bit thinking back at it. But at the moment itself it wasn't."
Sally smiled at the couple.
"But?"
The daughter of Athena took a deep breath.
"There are also some things I have to do with my father. I know our relationship is a lot better now, but there's a lot we missed out on."
Percy's mother nodded and squeezed her hand.
"I'm sure he'll be upfor it. He really loves you and Hellen also, eventhough it might be hard to believe after everything that happened. And we love you too, of course."
"You're like a second daughter to us, Annabeth. Never forget that."
Paul said, walking through the open door. Percy smilled and kissed her forehead.
"And you're never getting away from me. Never again."
Annabeth smiled and snuggled closer to her boyfriend.
"I know."

This sucked, I know. But here's my late Holiday oneshot!!!
~Percabethwisegirl