Through fire and flames

Hey guys
Sorry for the late update. I was on a trip with the scouts. I also went on a trip to Paris with my school (picture above). We climbed to the top of the Eiffel tour!!!! Let me tell you: my legs hurt SO much!!! We shouldn't had ran on the stairs to the first floor, but we climbed to to top and had a magnificent view on Paris. (picture in the left corner)
But now the one shot:

Percy and Annabeth have been best friends since birth and have been crushing on each other since they were 14. Now they're 22, living together and still not a couple...yet. Percy's a firefighter by the way. Let's start... this intro is starting to get to long.

Percy's POV

The siren blasted through the halls and all my colleagues ran to the fire trucks along with me.
"Where?"
Frank called out over the loud noice while jumping in after me.
"Saint Lowis Library"
Jason answered. He started the fire truck and drove outside, the siren blasting.
'Saint Lowis Libr-'
"ANNABETH!"
I yelled. Frank, Jason and Leo looked at me weirdly.
"Annabeth... she... she's there"
My voice cracked.

——————- flashback——————

"You're going?"
I asked. Annabeth nodded and stole a bite from my bagel.
"Remember that project I told you about yesterday?"
She asked, taking a sip from my orange juice.
"The one with Sierra?"
I asked, biting into my half-eaten bagel.
"Yeah. We have to do some research in the Saint-Lewis Library and view the building for the sketches."
I nodded and took my glass out of her hand, emptying it.
She took her bag, kissed my cheek and walked towards the door.
"Be safe and come back home to me, Seaweedbrain. See you tonight!"
She yelled, going outside.
"Always!"
I yelled back and sighed in content. A warm glow spreading through my cheek, where her lips had touched my face.
'Annabeth'
I thought giddily.
'If you'd finally had the guts to ask her... you wouldn't have gotten a kiss on the cheek...
A little voice in my head said.
'But what if she doesn't like me?'
I retorted.
'You frieking live with her and she has kissed you...2 times!'
I sighed and gave up. My mind was right. I have to do it, before it is to late.
'I'm gonna ask her tonight... yeah'

—-———— end flashback—————

The guys gave me a sympathetic look. I clenched my fists and looked outside, not wanting to meet their eyes. Tears started to fill my eyes , but I refused to let them escape.
She will be save...it will be alright. She may not even be in there anymore... It must!
When we arrived it looked... I'm not gonna lie; It looked horrible. Flames were everywhere, a part of the building had collapsed and smoke started to cloud the air. Most of the people were evacuated, but I didn't see the familiar mop of curly blond hair, I hoped to see.
I jumped out of the car and put on my equipment.
While Jason and Frank helped the others with the fire hoses, I got ready to go inside. It's the same routine as always: the guys try to contain the fire and I go inside with a few other, looking for survivors.
Right when I was about to enter the building with James and Ilan, Sierra ran towards me, tears in her eyes.
I shook my head, already knowing what she was going to say.
Please, no....
"She's still there,"
Sierra said, crying with a trembling voice.
"Where?"
"E-east wing, basement."
I nodded and ran inside the building, James and Ilan on my trail. When we came to the stairs after a few minutes, I stopped.
"You guys go check the other floors. See if there still visitors or staff. I'm checking the basement."
They nodded and went off. I ran down the stairs, jumped over a small fire and pushed the wooden door open.
If we want to return safely, we'll have to be quick. This fire's gonna spread in no time. I've gotta find her.
I climbed over a few fallen bookcases and jumped just on time out of the way when a beam fell down.
Where is she? We have to hurry!
After a few minutes I saw her. She was lying in the far left corner of the room, face towards the ground.
"Annabeth!"
I yelled. Her head shot up, eyes sparkling with relief when she saw me. I ran towards her as quickly as possible, carefully evading the small fires.
When I reached her, she flung herself in my arms.
"Percy.."
She whispered before starting to cough violently.
The smoke...
I took off my oxygen mask and put it on her face.
We don't have much time.
I helped her up and lifted her up in bridal style. She rested her head on my chest and buried her face in my jacket, her arms circling around my neck.
Once we were back on the stairs, I felt weird. I didn't know why, but I had a feeling we had to exit the building... right know!
I quickened my pace and when we reached the ground floor I saw it.
The windows trembled, gas filled my nosetrils and there was no sound at all.
It's gonna explode...
I ran towards the safest place I saw, knowing we wouldn't reach the exit on time. I put Annabeth down and zipped my coat open.
Annabeth looked at me confused.
"It's gonna explode. No time. Come here."
I said hastily, while crawling to the corner. She nodded, her eyes filling with realisation, and snuggled into my chest. I zipped my coat over her, so she was pressed against my chest.
The windows stopped trembling.