Military girl

Comment from Percabetwisgirl from the future: "Warning; this story is kinda cringe."

This is an AU. They're no demigods and live in a world with new things and things from the old Greeks combined. In this world women are oppressed by the men. For the record I have totally nothing against women at all. I'm a girl my self and I'm a feminist so...
That was an long AN,now let's start with the story

Nobody's POV

Annabeth always had to be strong. When she first arrived at the military camp she was only 7 and she was a girl. Girls were nobodies. They were supposed to stay at home and take care of the kids or work at a bar or something. Well Annabeth was different. 2 months after she ran away from her father and step-mom( who hated her) she had found a dry and warm place to stay for the night. The only problem: the guards. She did suspect that it had to be some place related to the army or so but she didn't care. The only thing she wanted was some warm place to sleep. Annabeth took her dagger out of her worn tunica and stepped slowly towards the building. She was only a few meters away when a guard saw her. She started running but the guard was faster. He grabbed her arm and tried to pick her up but she was faster. She hit him in the stomach with the hilt of her dagger and ran away. When she was about to enter the building, a second guard blocked her way. So she did the most logical thing to her: kicking the guy in the gut and running past him into the hall. Her actions had made some uproar. Many guards started to come into the hall to look for the source of the noice so Annabeth hid in the first room she came across. In her hurry she didn't see the kind man sitting in a chair across the room. When the coast was clear Annabeth let out a breath. She turned around and froze when she saw the man sitting behind a desk.
"To what do I owe your visit, young lady?"
He asked with a gentle voice. Annabeth didn't know what to say and stood frozen, her dagger behind her back.
"Well?"
Annabeth hesitated.
Should she speak? Could she trust this guy? Or was he going to bring her back to her horrible parents? After a few minutes of thinking she decided to speak.
"I-I just need a place to sleep. I-It's only for this night, really. Tomorr-"
The man interrupted her.
"You don't have to be scared. I'm not going to hurt you. Here"
He pulled out a chair and gestured to her to sit down. Hesitantly Annabeth took place on the big chair, her hands tightly closed around her dagger.
"So... what is your name, young lady?"
The man asked. Unlike other men she had met, he threatened her with respect and not like an animal.
"M-my n-n-name is A-Annabeth, Sir."
Her voice trembled from the cold. Now she wasn't running anymore she started to feel the cold air through her thin tunica. The man noticed and walked to the closet in the corner of the room. For a moment she was scared he was going to take a weapon out of it but she directly calmed down when she saw him with a thick blanket in his arms. He laid the blanket around her shoulders and sat on the chair next to her.
"So your name is Annabeth, right?"
She nodded.
"My name's Chiron and I'm the general of this army." (I have totally no idea if this is correct, I don't know anything about armies) "Now, why are you here? I suppose you're not here to wish me a happy birthday, aren't you?"
Annabeth fiddled with her dagger. "Well, it all started..."
Annabeth explained everything she had gone through. She didn't know why but she felt safe. Safe. In a strange room with a kind man who she'd never met.

After she was done she didn't know what to do. After a few seconds she looked up at Chiron. On his face laid a sad smile and his eyes were filled with sympathy. That moment he made a decision. And that decision changed her life.
Chiron let her stay at the military training camp and promised to take care of her. He was like a second father for her. He taught her how to fight and defend herself. He taught her how to use a bow and arrow and how to sword fight. It became soon clear that she was much better with a dagger but Chiron insisted she needed to learn the two ways . Sometimes she could come and watch the practices of the young soldiers or watched how they tried to beat their fellow soldiers. But that wasn't all. He also taught her how to write and read and even taught her his mother language: Old Greek.

After years of loneliness she finally met a peer. Percy was a twelve year old boy. He had raven black hair and sea green eyes. At first she hated him. He was dumb and impulsive and a big idiot. But after they were accidentally locked in the weapenroom for a day, they became friends. She started to notice the good things about him. How he made her laugh when she was upset and how he always seemed to have a way to annoy her. He was her only friend and vice versa. The youngest recruits were 16 years old so they had nobody else to play with. But they didn't care. First Annabeth was afraid that he would be like every other guy. That he disrespected women and thought they couldn't do anything let alone fighting in the army. But he wasn't like that at all. In fact he was the total opposite. He was kind and gentle and was neatly raised by his mom. He was a total momma's boy but he wasn't safe at home so Percy's mom had asked Chiron if he could stay at the camp.
Sally was an old friend of Chiron and visited the camp once or twice a month. Annabeth really liked her but didn't know she had a son. Let's say she was more then surprised when she found that out.

Over the years they became closer and closer. Their rooms were next to each other in the main building and had a door that connected the two rooms. They became best friends and after a while the nights were more spent together than in their own rooms.(not in a dirty way) They trained together every morning  and went together to breakfast. Throughout the day they trained and sparred together in the arenas or just relaxed at the lake. They quickly became even better than some of the soldiers. So when they were 15 they followed most of the classes with the 18 years old. Their group was little but it was better that way. Everybody still thought that women couldn't do anything but the small group accepted Annabeth's participation, they even practised with her to become better because she was far out the best of their group. Well...beside Percy then. Over the years Percy had become one of the best sword men in aeons. He defeated everyone that had ever tried to attack him. The only one who could beat him was Annabeth. With her dagger she was seriously deathly and with a sword just...deathly. For her it was the same. There was only one person who could beat her and that was Percy. Nobody knew she followed classes with them nor that she trained with them. Her life was perfect until her father came back...

So this was part 1 of the story. Part 2 will be out soon!!!
~Percabethwisegirl