Sweet kiss in the elevator

Annabeth and Percy work together in the same building but aren't really friends.
(Photo above is made by me. What do you think of it?)

Annabeth's POV

I waited for the elevator to arrive with my cup of coffee in my hand. When the doors opened I was met with none other than Percy Jackson, himself. Let me tell you something about Mr. Perfect here.
Every woman and even some men in our building have a crush on him, even the ones that aren't single. He always causes trouble and is the most annoying person I've ever met. Seriously, he has this mischievous grin that makes him look like a troublemaker and he's always late. I don't get why he isn't even fired yet! And I absolutely don't get why all the females have a crush on him... well...maybe I do. Maybe it is because he has those gorgeous sea green eyes where you just can drown in or because he has this silky black hair that I want to run my fingers through or because of his stupid grin that makes me... eeeeuuh.. right, I absolutely don't get what they see in him.
I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to my floor. It is just my luck that I have to be on the highest floor and that that's the exact same floor as Percy works on.
In the mirror I could see Percy staring at the door and fiddling with his fingers. He even looked a bit nervous. Strange. Normally he's the one who makes the others nervous and not the other way around.
I took a sip from my coffee and glanced at him in the mirror. He looked gorgeous, like always. He was leaning against the side of the elevator and looked at his entwined hands. His hair was messy, like he had just rolled out of bed and a strand of hair was hanging in front of his eyes. His sea green eyes were the exact same colour as the sea and had a sort of sparkle in it. I continued looking at him until he decided to look up at me.
I quickly looked back down at my cup of coffee, trying not to blush and failing miserably. I bit my lip. Maybe I do have a crush on him... but it's not like he'll ever like me. We're total opposites. He's impulsive and doesn't always think things through while I always think before I act. Plus my Mom hates him and his father, mostly his father though.
I looked back up in the mirror. Percy was staring at his hands again but on his cheeks laid a light blush. Why was he blushing? It's not like he likes me, right?
The elevator shook and some of my coffee spilled on my hand.
I looked up at Percy to see him looking at me.
"What was that?"
I asked him. He just shrugged.
A few seconds later the elevator shook again, this time harder. My coffee fell out of my hand and I lost my balance. Luckily 2 strong arms caught me before I fell on the ground. I looked up to see Percy holding me with 2 hands while leaning in the corner of the elevator so he wouldn't fall. The elevator shook again and stopped moving. When he was sure it was save, Percy let go of me and picked my now empty cup of coffee up.
"Well...I hope you weren't thirsty."
He said while he handed me my cup. I smiled and shook my head. He leaned his head backwards against the side of the elevator and sighed.
"Guess we're stuck, isn't it?"
He said. I walked over to the doors and tried to open them, with no luck. And the emergency button didn't work either.
"Yeah..."
I turned back around and saw him sitting on the floor.
"Any ideas?"
I asked. He looked up confused.
"Ideas?"
I rolled my eyes and sat next to him.
"Yeah, ideas. Those things you make in your brain to-"
"I know what ideas are!"
I smiled at his reaction. A pink blush spread on his cheeks, it was kind of cute.
"I mean ideas, to get out of here because it looks like the elevator has decided that he doesn't want to work anymore."
He laughed.
"Nope. Not really unless you count jumping up and down hoping to get this thing down as an idea."
I shook my head smiling.
"Well... I guess I have to put up with you then, until someone get us out of this thing. "
"You're right. What a nightmare! Locked in an elevator with Annabeth Chase, the nerd of Goode High School!"
I turned my head to look at him.
"You remember?!?!"
He nodded.
"Yeah, we had History together and Greek, isn't it?"
"Yes, we did. I can't belief you remembered. I thought you didn't notice people like me..."
"How could I not notice you? You were always at the top of the class and I kind of liked you but I never got the guts to really talk to you..."
I didn't knew what to say. Percy Jackson just admitted that he liked me...in High School but that doesn't matter. He liked me!!!
"You? You liked me?"
I asked, trying to control my voice.
He nodded and ran his hand through his hair.
"I still do..."
It was barely audible but I heard it.
Percy rested his head against the wall again, eyes closed and his hand still in his hair, and sighed.
"I..."
I decided to do something really impulsive and totally not like me.
I leaned forward towards him and captured his lips with mine. At first he didn't react and I was afraid that maybe I misheard him, but then his hands circled around my waist and I felt his lips moving on mine. He tasted a bit salty but not in a bad way. I could totally get used to it. My hands found their way to his hair and pulled lightly at it. One of his hands had moved from my hip to my face and caressed my cheek. It started slowly but when I pulled away we were both out of breath and a small smile laid on my lips.
Percy grinned at me.
"So... I take that as a sign that you like me, right?"
I rolled my eyes and shoved him but I couldn't hide my smile. Percy laughed and hugged me. I leaned in his arms and hugged him back. After a few minutes of just hugging I pulled away and leaned my head on his shoulder, eyes closed. "Annabeth?"
I hummed.
"Would you like to go on a date with me?"
I smiled and looked up at him. "Yeah, I would like to."
Percy smiled and reached out his hand. I looked at him confused. "Give me your phone so I can put my number in it."
I could have seen that coming. I quickly took my phone and he gave me his. I added my number in his contacts and wanted to add a funny photo when I saw a photo of me in his gallery.
"You still have these?"
I asked. I couldn't belief he kept that picture. It was taken on our Senior trip. We all travelled to San Fransisco and stayed there for a week. During one of the activeties we had to take a few pictures with our teammates. Percy and I sat in the same group together with some of our friends.
"Yeah, I liked it and I kept it as a memory. Like I already said, I started liking you in highschool but I never dared talking to you untill that trip plus I thought I would never see you again ...but fate decided otherwise."
I gave him his phone back and turned so I sat in front of him.
"I'm sorry."
I said. He looked confused.
"Why?"
"For doing so unfriendly to you since you came here. I just didn't want to get my hopes up and tried to forget my stupid crush on you by shutting you out... I'm sorry." He smiled and took my hand.
"It's alright."
"Really?"
He nodded and put his phone away so he could hug me. When I saw his phone an idea hit me.
"That's it!"
Percy looked at me like I was crazy. "Our phones. We can call someone who can take us out of this elevator!"
I quickly took my phone and called Piper, one of my bestfriends who worked here too.I waited and hoped she would answer. Percy looked hopefully at me and my phone.
"Hey, Anna!"
I smiled.
"Pipes, I need your help."

When I laid in my bed that night I got a message from a certain sea green eyed man that had stolen my heart this morning.

from: Percy❤️
-So... I see you friday evening in the park? 8 o'clock. I'll be waiting at the fountain. ~P

I smiled and typed a quick

' Alright. See you there! ~A '

and went to sleep thinking about that sweet kiss we shaired in the elevator.