Blind trust

A few weeks ago I saw a TikTok video and it inspired me to write this chapter. I hope you'll like it. By the way ANNABETH's BLIND.

Percy's POV

"Mom! Have you seen Annabeth's sunglasses by any chance?"
I rummaged through the cabinets of my desk, searching for the lost glasses of my girlfriend.
"On the table in the living room, Perce. She forgot them there yesterday."
"Thanks mom!"
I shouted and ran towards the living room. There they were, laying neatly on the small living table. I picked them up and hooked them in my shirt, so they were hanging over the border, but still secure so they wouldn't fall off.
"Found them?"
Mom asked from the kitchen.
"Yeah."
I answered, heading in her direction. Once I entered the kitchen the smell of freshly baked cookies filled my nose.
"Hhhmmmm"
I tried to steal one from the stash, but Mom caught me.
"Neuh-euh. Those are for after lunch."
She took some and divided them over three Tupperware boxes. Then she handed them to me.
"One for you, one for Annabeth and one for the Graces."
I smiled and pecked her cheek.
"You're the best."
She laughed and shooed me out of the kitchen. I grabbed my backpack, put the cookies in it and headed towards the front door. Just when I was about to step outside, mom shouted something after me.
"And don't you dare keep them all for yourself!"
I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Guess Annabeth's habits did rub off on me after all. And before you ask; yeah blind people can roll their eyes. Annabeth is a pretty accurate example for that.
I took my keys, shouted a quick "Sure, love you!" and started my 10 minutes walk to school. Making sure the sunglasses were still there, I plugged my earbuds in and pressed on shuffle.
'She got the, mm, brown eyes, caramel thighs
Long hair, no wedding ring, hey
I saw you lookin' from across the way'
Guess rolling my eyes isn't the only thing I got from her. What? Ed Sheeran has good songs. No denying in that.
When I finally reached school, I walked towards our regular spot.
There she stood, her honey blond hair up in its signature ponytail and her old grey backpack leaning against her shin.
Before I even reached her, she knew I was there. She told me it was a gift of the blind, but I know she just recognises my smell. It's the same with Mom and her parents.
"Hey Seaweedbrain"
She said, extending her hand in front of her. I took it and entwined her fingers with mine.
"Hey Wisegirl"
I greeted her and gave her a small kiss on her lips. When I pulled away she smiled and pecked my cheek.
"You got my sunglasses? I couldn't find them yesterday, so I thought I might have forgotten them at your apartment."
I smiled and unhooked them from my shirt.
"Yeah, mom found them on the table in the living room. Here they are."
I folded them open and put them gently on her nose.
She smiled and squeezed my hand.
"Thanks. You know how much I hate walking around without them."
I smiled and picked her bag up.
"I know, but still. I think you're much more beautiful without. I really like your eyes."
She sighed.
"There's nothing to like about them, Perce.They're dull and only a shell of what they once were."
I stopped walking and lifted her chin up with my index finger.
"They're not, Annabeth. They might not be as bright as before, but they're still beautiful. They still have that silvery grey colour, that reminds me of a stormy night sky and they still give me the look I value the most; a look that I'm blessed with to see every day; a look of love; your love."
She smiled and her hand travelled his way up to my face. When her fingers had found my lips, she leaned in and kissed me softly, pouring all the love she had in it. After a minute I pulled away and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Let's go."
I said and let her inside the school.

&&&

"Hey Perce, where's Annabeth?"
I looked up from my cookies and saw Leo looking at me.
"She, Hazel and Piper are having a and I quote: 'very important girl talk' "
I gave Jason a knowing look.
"Do you happen to know anything about that, Jace?"
A cherry red blush found his way up to my cousin's cheeks.
"I might or might not have asked Piper on a date"
That made while the table erupt in chaos.
"Really?!"
"Wow!"
"Finally!"
I smirked.
"About time, don't you think?"
He rolled his eyes at me and smirked.
"Talking from experience?"
This time it was my turn to roll my eyes.
"Hahaha, very funny."
I took my backpack, snuck my arm in it, pulled a Tupperware box out and threw it in his direction.
"For you and Thals. Freshly baked this morning."
His eyes widened and a smile crept on his face.
"Blue ones?"
"Would we ever make others?"
He laughed and put it inside his bag.
"Awso-"
"How does she knows it's you?"
I frowned. It's not unusual that Leo asks out-of-the-blue-questions like that, but now I really couldn't follow.
"How does who knows it's me?"
"Annabeth. How does she know it's you and not someone else who takes her hand or leads her away?"
Now he got everyone's attention.
"Yeah. She always seems to know it when you're around. How does she do that?"
Frank wondered. They all looked at me for an explanation. I scratched the back of my head.
"Well most of the time she just recognises your voice. But she also recognises someone's scent, especially the ones she's very familiar with."
"But how does she knows it's you and not someone else. What if someone else would take her hand, while you're around her. Would she notice it isn't you?"
I though for a moment.
"I thinks so. Why are you asking all those questions?"
Leo looked at me with his eyebrows raised.
"Cuz I don't belief she would notice it when someone else would lead her away. Not when she thinks it's you."
I raised my eyebrow at him.
"What are you up to, Leo?"
He leaned back in his chair and balanced it on two legs.
"I wanna see how fast she'll notice it's not you. What if you two would walk home and you kneel down to tie your shoelaces. Then one of us takes her hand and walks further with her. You stay within a distance."
I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head. He gave me a challenging look.
"Afraid that your girlfriend won't recognise you?"
I snorted.
"Ow no. I'm sure she'll proof you wrong. YOU're just being silly."
Leo smirked.
"We'll see. We'll see."

&&&

3 boring hours of school later, I took my bag and waited at Annabeth's locker to go home.
Am I about to go through with Leo's plan?
Yeah.
Why, you may ask?
I have absolutely no idea.
"Hey Seaweedbrain."
I looked up and saw my beautiful girlfriend standing in front of me, her sunglasses resting on her nose and her bag hanging loosely from her left shoulder.
"Hey Wisegirl"
I pecked her lips and entwined my fingers with hers. She smiled and squeezed my hand, walking towards the exit.
When we entered the parking lot, I saw Leo and Frank waiting at the oak tree. The others had all gathered at Piper's car to see what would happen.
Annabeth and I rounded the corner and walked into the next street. Leo and Frank had snuck behind us, while the others watched closely from the other side of the road.
"Perce?"
I hummed. Please, let her not notice them!
"Can I stay at your's tonight? Hellen is being really cranky lately and I just want to be out of there for a second."
I nodded and pecked her cheek.
"Sure. You're always welcome, Wisegirl. You know that."
She smiled and stopped walking . Her other hand (the one that wasn't linked with mine) traveled his way up to my face and when her soft fingers found my lips, she leaned in and kissed me gingerly. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me so our torsos touched. Her soft lips felt warm against my mine.
When we finally pulled away I leaned my forehead against her. She sighed contently and wrapped her arms around my middle, hugging me close, her head resting on my chest.
"I love you"
I mumbled into her hair. I felt her smile against my chest.
"I love you too, Seaweedbrain."
When we pulled away I saw the others staring at us from the other side of the road.
'Dam! I forgot they were there!'
From behind us Leo pointed at his watch and I nodded. Poor Frank stood nervously next to him. Leo had tricked him into the plan, cuz he was the only one with the same size of hands as I.
I nodded and let go of Annabeth's hand. She frowned and opened her mouth to say something but I beat her.
"I'm just tying my shoelaces, Wisegirl. No need to worry."
Immediately she relaxed and let her hands hang loosely next to her body. I knelt down next to her and Frank took his place in front of me. Carefully I moved aside and Frank stood up, taking Annabeth's hand just like I would do.
Not a second later, she pulled her hand away and took a step away from him. A slightly panicked look appeared on her face.
"Who are you? And where's Percy?"
Behind me I heard Leo gasp.
I smiled.
'That's my Wisegirl'
I walked up to her, entwining our fingers. Immediately she relaxed and let herself lean into my chest.
Behind me I heard Leo mutter something along the lines of 'that's impossible'
I chuckled and kissed Annabeth's forehead.
"It's alright, 'Beth. It's just Frank."
She released a breath and frowned for a second. Then she wriggled her hand out of my grip and crossed her arms across her chest, one of her eyebrows raised.
"What's going on? And why is Frank here? And ..."
She listened for a second.
"And why in the Gods' names is Leo here?!"
I sighed and motioned to Leo to explain everything, but he shook his head almost as if he was afraid of her... what, now I think of it, is pretty logical. You don't want to meet a mad Annabeth, especially not when she's mad at you.
'It's your girlfriend. You tell her."
He mouthed. I rolled my eyes.
"I'm still waiting."
Annabeth said impatiently.
Like the adult I am, I stuck my tongue out at Leo and took Annabeth's hands in mine. Partly because I know it calms us both down and partly because if she would decided to attack any of us I could easily restrain her. Just in case...
I took a deep breath and said:
"It's all Leo's plan. He was wondering how you always seem to notice it when I'm around you. He wanted to know if you would be able to recognise it if some else would take your hand while you'd think it's me. I told him he was being ridiculous, but he still went through with it. And before you ask: I have no idea how he got us so far to participate. The others are at the other side of the road, by the way, watching us."
Silence.
I had at least expected some kind of reaction.
"Did you belief him?"
She asked after a few seconds of silence. Her face was a mixture between insecurity and hope.
"No. I was pretty sure you could do it. And you just proved it. I'm really proud of you, Wisegirl."
She smiled and I leaned in, giving her a gentle kiss on her lips.
The others got the hint and left us alone.
The waived and shouted some quick: "see ya tomorrow"s before heading home.
Annabeth pulled away and leaned her forehead against mine.
"Leo's weird."
I nodded.
"Yeah."
"Did you really belief I could notice it? Or did you just say it so Leo would dismiss his stupid plan?"
I tucked a strand of hair that had escaped her ponytail, behind her ear.
"I really did, Wisegirl. I know what you're capable of. You're really smart and your senses are a lot more sensitive and developed than others.".
She gave me a small smile and rested her head against my chest.
"Thanks, Seaweedbrain."
I smiled and kissed her head.
"Always."

That was it guys. I know the ending isn't really great, but I lost inspiration. It took me more than 2 weeks to write this, thanks to my amazing teachers and their homework (note the sarcasm), but I hope you like it nevertheless.
~Percabethwisegirl