A Baby?

Takes place on the Argo II. Imagine the war was being fight in Greece. They're on their way home.

Nobody's POV (not Annabeth)

It was a normal day on the Argo II. The girls were chatting on deck, while Leo was steering the ship. Hazel was leaning with her back against the mast, while Annabeth  sat in front of her with Piper right behind her, braiding her hair. One look at the girl's face and you could tell she didn't really enjoy it. The grins on the other girls faces on the other hand were clearly very amused. But they weren't the only ones enjoying the good day on deck. A bit farther away the three boys sat down on the deck, polishing their weapons. They sat close enough to Leo so he could participate in their conversation, but far enough so the girls couldn't hear them. They were laughing and joking around but one of them was clearly not paying attention. His distracted mind always seemed to wander off to the blonde haired beauty who sat only a few meters away from him. Now the war was over he caught himself more and more thinking about a future with her. He could imagine himself and Annabeth living together and going to college in New Rome. Sometimes he even caught himself thinking about marriage or kids. He always knew Annabeth would be a big part of his life and he couldn't imagine a life without her. He always dreamed of a life with Annabeth, of marrying the love of his life and even having kids, but now the war was finally over, it all became so ... real. No threats, no evil earth mother who wants to rule the world, no crazy goddesses kidnapping him... Finally he had the chance to start a real life with the love of his life ... and it all seemed to good to be real.
The dreaming of the black haired boy didn't stay long unnoticed by his friends.
"Hey Perce?"
"Perce!"
"Percy!!"
"Hè? Wha?"
Jason rolled his eyes at his green eyed friend.
"Quit staring so lovey-dovey at your girlfriend and answer our question."
A light blush formed on the teenage boy's cheeks while the others gave him a knowing smile.
"Now the question: who do you think is-"
"Shhh!"
"Wha-?"
"Shhh"
Leo glared at his friend.
"Why should I-"
"Just shut up for a second, Leo!"
Percy said.
"Don't you hear that?"
The boys looked at their friend as if he went crazy.
"Hear what?"
Leo said. Percy looked over to the girls and saw them too staring at the door to the hallway.
"You guys heard that too, right?"
He asked the girls. They nodded.
"Hear what?!"
Leo asked annoyed at the secrecy of his friends. Annabeth looked away from the door to look at the boys.
"A baby's cry"

"What do we do?!"
Jason shouted over the baby's screaming. Piper shrugged and shook her head, indicating that she had no idea.
"Just make it stop!!"
Leo yelled, running around and covering his ears with his hand to block out the noice, without any luck. Frank and Hazel just stood there, watching the screaming baby in the middle of the mess hall. Annabeth rolled her eyes at her friends and knelt down next to the baby carrier where the little baby laid in, the rest of the seven watching her closely. Annabeth carefully lifted the little girl out of her carrier and laid her against her chest. Bouncing her lightly and rubbing her back soothingly, she tried to calm the little girl down... with success. Not a minute later she fell asleep in the blonde girl's arms. Annabeth smiled and gave the little baby a kiss on her forehead.
'She's so cute'
She thought while stroking her soft blonde hair.
Percy couldn't help but smile at the scene. Just seeing his girlfriend interacting with the small child, made his heart skip a beat. It seemed so natural seeing her with a child in her arms. He walked over to them and hugged his girlfriend from behind. He placed a kiss on her cheek and looked down at the sleeping baby in her arms.
"She's so small."
He whispered. Annabeth nodded.
"She doesn't look older than a week, maybe two weeks."
The couple silently admired the little baby, but their peace was interrupted by Leo.
"Sorry to interrupt your little family moment, but... WHY THE HADES IS THERE A BABY HERE?!"
This of course woke the little girl and she started crying again. Annabeth glared at Leo and started walking around, carefully bouncing the little girl up and down and whispering sweet nothings to her.
Piper was watching her best friend with a small smile on her face, but frowned when she remembered Leo's question.
"Leo's right. Why is she here? I mean we just finished a war and are finally heading home after 6 long tiring months and now suddenly a baby appears out of nowhere...?"
This made the rest frown too.
"Is there a note or something?"
Frank asked.
"Anything that can give us a clue?"
Piper walked over to the little carrier, while Jason and Leo scanned the room. She lifted the small pink blanket and revealed a blue envelope.
"I think I got something."