Mute

Mute AU. Percy moves from NY to San Fransisco were his cousin Jason lives and meets a blond mute girl, Annabeth Chase.

Percy's POV

"Hey Perce"
I heard Jason say when I answered his call.
"Hey Sparky. What's up?"
I said while putting on my jeans.
"Need a ride to school? Might make it easier for you to be on time on your first day of school."
I laughed and threw on my favorite seagreen shirt.
"You know, that might be a good idea. Maybe they won't kick me out this time."
Jason laughed and I heard him take his keys.
"Yeah, maybe. By the way I'm picking up Piper too. That's okay for you?"
I put my phone between my shoulder and ear and started putting on my shoes.
"She's your girlfriend, right?"
"Euhe"
"Yeah, no problem. When're you here?"
"5 minutes."
He said and I heard him start his car.
" kay. Bye."
"Bye"
I dropped my phone in my back pocket and put some books into my bag. Throwing on a blue hoodie, I shouldered my bag and ran downstairs.
In the kitchen Mom was making waffles, blue waffles.
"Morning, Mom"
I said and kissed her cheek.
"Morning, Perce"
She said smiling and gave me a few blue waffles in a box.
"For you and Jason. Have a nice first day and don't get kicked out again, honey"
She said jokingly but you could hear she meant it. This was after all my 7th school and I'm just starting my junior year.
I smiled and took a sip from Mom's glass of orange juice.
"Can't promise that, but I'll try. Bye mom!"
"Bye Honey!"

Not much later a light blue car stopped in front of my apartment building. In the drivers seat sat a blond boy with light blue eyes and a little scar right above his lip.
"Get in!"
Jason yelled and the back door was thrown open. I jumped in and put my bag on the seat next to me.
"Hey"
A girl's voice said. I looked up and was met with a brunette with choppy hair.
"You must be Percy, Jason's cousin from New York."
I nodded and fastened my seatbelt.
"The one and only. You're Piper, am I right?"
The girl nodded and took a bottle of water out of her shoulder bag.
After she took a sip of it, she turned back to me, giving me a funny look.
"Did you really take off your pants in front of your aunt when you were 7?"
She said out of the blue.
I groaned and hit my face in my hands.
"Jasoooonnnn"

****

204

205

206, got it

After a long time of searching I finally found the right classroom.
When we arrived Jason and Piper had introduced me to their friends. They're quite nice. Their group existes of Leo: brown hair and mayor ADHD, Hazel: brown, frizzy hair, golden eyes and the innocent one and Frank: a 'big baby Canadian man' (not my words, Leo's).
After bumping into 5 persons, entering 2 wrong classrooms and nearly being kissed by some girl (I just asked where room 206 was and she pushed herself against me?!?! ), I finally arrived at my classroom. Luckily the teacher wasn't there yet.
I entered the room and was about to head towards a seat next to a blond girl with curly hair when I was stopped by a boy. He had dark brown hair, blue eyes and looked like your typical jock.
"If you want some sort of social life here, I won't go over there if I was you."
He said, while pointing at the blond girl.
"That's the mute. She hasn't talked since she was 10. And she's the biggest nerd of the school. Just ignore her, like everyone else. It's the best for all of us."
He continued, looking at the girl as if she had a infectious disease.
"You can sit with us. Over there behind Lacey and her friends. You have to see their asses."
He grinned and looked at some girls, wearing mini skirts, in the back of the room.
I frowned and pushed his hand off my shoulder, giving him a disgusting look.
"No thanks."
I said and continued my way to the blond girl. I sat down and took out my books.
Next to me the blond girl looked up from her book. When she saw me she gave me a small smile and went back reading.
I was about to ask her name when the teacher entered the room and started the class.