"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ?!"

This isn't exactly what I planned to update. Wattpad deleted the end of the story, so the end isn't what it should be. Sorry!!! I still hope you'll enjoy it!!!!

A few weeks after Tartarus.The new kids don't know about the flashbacks.

Percy POV

"I'll be right back"
I said to Annabeth and turned around to grab my water bottle from it's spot on the bench. Annabeth and I had been sparring in the arena to clear our minds a bit after barely having a few hours of sleep last night due to the nightmares and we decided to take a quick break.
I took some sips from my bottle and poured the remaining water on my face. Immediately a rush of power spread through my body.
Just when I was about to sit down an ear piercing screamed filled the air, a scream I recognised all too well.
'Annabeth'
I whipped around and ran towards the place I saw her only a minute ago. She was still there, only now there were also 2 younger boys. Stanly and James, 2 of the newest Hermes campers.
"Annabeth!"
I yelled. She didn't answer. She just stood there, body frozen and one of her hands in front of her body as if she had just thrown her dagger at something.
"Annabeth!"
Again no reaction. Her eyes were glassy and staring into nothing. Then she started screaming.
'No... not again'
As soon as I reached her I cradled her close to my chest.
"Shhhh. It's alright, 'Beth. We're out. We're save now."
She was having a flashback again. I continued to whisper sweet nothings into her ear until she finally calmed down and started to unfreeze. Her tears soaked my shirt as she buried herself deeper into my chest.
"Shhh. It's alright, Wisegirl. I'm here. Everything is fine. Shhhh"
I hugged her close and she buried her face in my neck. As I looked around to find the cause of her panic attack, my eyes fell on the two boys.
They were both very silent and stared at their feet, not daring to look up. A guilty look filled their eyes. Then I noticed Annabeth's dagger sticking out of the ground... pinning a death body of a tarantula to the ground.
My eyes widened.
"Is she alright?!"
Piper asked worriedly, panting a bit. She probably ran here the moment she heard Annabeth's scream. Now I looked up, we weren't the only ones anymore. Nearly the whole Camp was watching us by now.
"Panic attack, but I calmed her down already."
She nodded. I motioned to the boys with a glare and back to Annabeth, still hugging her tightly and rubbing her back soothingly. Piper nodded.
I lowered my head  to Annabeth's and whispered:
"Wisegirl?"
I felt her nod into my neck.
"Piper's gonna take you to the cabin, alright?"
Her head shot up, eyes wet from the tears.
"I'll be there in no time."
Eventually she nodded and unwrapped her arms from my torso.  I gave her a quick peck on her lips before Piper led her away.
Slowly anger started to build up inside me and the moment I knew Annabeth and Piper were out of hearing distance, I snapped.
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! GIVING A CHILD OF ATHENA A SPIDER?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!  AND ESPECIALLY NOW AFTER... AFTER..."
My vision started to get blurry. A familiar tug spread in my stomach and out of the corners of my eyes I saw water gliding towards us from everywhere.
"PERCY!"
I felt a hand resting on my shoulders, but I shrugged it of.
"NO! THEY HURT ANNABETH! CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT THEY DID?! WE ALREADY HAD SUCH A BAD NIGHT AND NOW THIS?!"
"Percy, calm down! This is not gonna help Annabeth or you"
I looked away from the boys, who were shivering from fear by now, and to the owner of the voice. Chiron stood at the border of the water barrier that I had unconscionably made, together with Jason, Hazel, Frank and Leo.
"You don't want us to make you calm down. We don't want to fight you, you know that."
Chiron was right, but it didn't take my anger away. Slowly I unclenched my fists and the water retreated. I glared at the boys and said:
"Don't you ever dare to do that again"
Before walking out of the arena , heading towards my cabin.

Jason's POV

Wow.
I've never seen him like that before, especially with a new camper. But I get where his anger comes from, especially now after Tartarus.
"Are you alright?"
Frank asked the two Hermes kids, James and Stanly I think.
They nodded timidly,  still a bit shook up by Percy's tantrum.
"Believe me if I say that he isn't like that normally. He and his girlfriend are just having... a difficult time. The Stolls will explain it later to you. Now go, before you'll get in more trouble."
Leo said and they ran off.
"Jason?"
"Yeah, Chiron?"
"Do you know why-"
"Percy reacted like that?"
Chiron nodded.
"They have had a really rough night. Percy had a panic attack and both of them haven't had much sleep. And now the spider and Annabeth's panic attack, it just made him..."
I motioned to the scene.
Chiron nodded and sighed.
"I hope they'll get better soon."
Hazel said. We all nodded.
"Me too, children. Me too."

Annabeth's POV

The spiders, Arachne, That Place, it all came back. But this time I was alone. No Percy, no Seaweedbrain to help me, nothing.
"Annabeth, we're here"
I woke from my trance and saw that Piper had brought me to cabin 3. She lead me to Percy's bed and put me down. I hugged her and she returned the gesture, soothingly rubbing my back.
"Hey, it's fine Annabeth. Percy will be here any minute. You're out remember. We're back in CHB and everyone is safe."
I nodded and released her, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging them.
"It's just... it looks so real. Every time again. It hurts, Piper. A lot. We barely sleep. And if we do we're haunted by nightmares. I wake up at night to see Percy crying! I- this-"
Tears started to escape from my eyes.
"I don't know if I can handle this, Piper. I really don't know."
Piper sighed and took my hands in hers.
"Annabeth, believe when I say that you two are the strongest people I've ever met. You fought wars together, defeated Titans together, Hades you two even survived That Place together."
A small smile formed on my face.
" I know you two can get out of this. You'll survive and have the life you've always dreamed off. Going to college, marrying, maybe even having kids."
That thought made me blush, but at the same time she was right. I'd really like to start a family with Percy one day.
"What I mean is: it doesn't matter how bad it seems right now, I know you two can get out of it, together. Belief me, I know. Call it an Aphrodite thingy."
She winked and I gave her a small smile.
"Thanks, Pipes. I needed that."
She smiled back and hugged me.
"That's what best friends are for."
"Annabeth?"
I looked up and saw Percy standing in the door way with a worried face.
"How are you?"
He asked and sat next to me, circling his arms around my waist.
I smiled and leaned back into his chest.
"Alright, I guess, Piper helped me."
He nodded and kissed my cheeks.
"I'm gonna go, now. Take good care of her, Kelphead. And don't forget what I told you, Anna."
Piper said and walked outside, closing the door.
When the door closed Percy pulled me into his lap and I buried myself into him.
"You're alright?"
I nodded and kissed his jaw.
"Yeah, I'm fine now."
He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and rested his chin on my head.
"Do you wanna tell me what happened?"
I inhaled deeply and looked up at him.
"I was back there, alone. And she was there too. Only this time I couldn't outsmart her. She pushed me in there, all alone. I-I couldn't- she-"
Tears started to form back in my eyes.
"Shhh. It's alright, 'Beth."
I turned around and hugged him tightly. His arms snaked around me and pulled me close.
After a few minutes he laid us both down so he laid on his back on his bed and I on his torso.
"I love you. You know that, right?"
He whispered, his hands resting on the small of my back. I smiled and snuggled into his chest.
"I do. And I love you too. More than you can imagine."
I pushed myself up on my upper arms and kissed his jaw.
He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.
"Let's get some sleep"
I nodded and laid myself on his chest.
"Let's get some sleep"
I yawned and rested my head on his heart, feeling the relaxing sound of his heartbeat.
He kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me.
"Sleep tight, Wisegirl"
"Sleep tight, Seaweedbrain"