Chapter 15

Mason's POV

I walked into the kitchen meeting my mom and grabbing a can of soda. "Que pasa cariño?" My mom asked as I walked into the kitchen. "Nothing's wrong mom," I said trying to give her a reassuring smile. "Well, your death grip on that busted can of soda says otherwise. Poor soda never fulfilled its destiny of being drunk. Just got wasted on the floor. So are you going to tell me what's wrong or are you going to deny the fact that something is bothering you?" I sighed sitting on the kitchen stool across from her.

"It's Liam, mom. I feel like I'm not helping him enough. I mean sometimes it's really hard for him to tell me he's hungry or when he wants to take a nap because he's sleepy." "That may be true but you said, 'sometimes,' which means other times he does tell you things. Just give him time, he'll open up freely. I mean Jason was like that when we first saved him from his abusive family but he's doing ok now." She does have a point, "yeah I guess you're right." "Of course I'm right now, go get some sleep." I got up to go to my room, "buenas noches mamá." "Buenas noches hijo."

Liam's POV

I stirred in my sleep trying to get cuddle closer to daddy. I opened my eyes why is it so dark? I tried moving closer to daddy's side of the bed when I felt something cold between my legs. No-no-no. Yep, I wet the bed. Just great. Maybe I should call daddy. No, I can't do that he's probably going to be mad. I will just clean up the mess before he comes back to the room.

I got up to clean the mess when a loud bang from outside caused me to scream. I ran and hid under the blankets of the bed. Seconds later the door flew open and daddy rushed into the room and saw me whimpering under the blankets.

"Oh baby it's ok, I'm here now," he said walking over to the bed. Before I could daddy could reach my bed there was another loud crack of lightning and I ran into Mason's arms, hiding my face in his chest. "Daddy," I whined. "I know it's ok. Let's get you changed little one." Daddy carried me to the room a door down from daddy's room. It had a light blue door with my name on it. "So we made this room for you. Hope you like it." We entered the room, it was a spaced
themed room with the planets and the moon painted on the wall and glow in the dark stars on the ceiling and walls. "I luv it daddy, tank 'ou." "Your welcome baby boy now let's get you changed."

Daddy set me on the changing table and went to get some things from the closet. He came back with a pull up, a sky blue blankie, a paci and a pair of pajamas with space ships on them. He had just finished dressing me up putting my paci in my mouth and clipping it to my pajamas when lightning flashed through the room and I ran out scared.

Mason's POV

When I finished dressing Liam up, there was a flash of lighting and he ran out of the room.

"Liam," I called as i went to our room. I searched for him in the bathroom, walk in closet and under the bed but didn't find him. I exited the room and went to look for him downstairs. I checked the kitchen, living room, guestroom and study. 'He couldn't have gone outside.' I thought to myself as I went back upstairs.

"Mason?" "Yes, mom?" As I entered her room. I saw Liam curled up beside her fast asleep, suckling gently on his paci. "Don't leave him he was really scared before he fell asleep." "Ok, mom. Thanks," I said picking him up. He tensed up a bit before cuddling into my chest. "Night mom." "Good night Mason." I took us to our room and laid him on the bed next to me. I kissed his forehead, "good night little one." I soon fell asleep with Liam cuddled up on my chest.