Chapter 16

Mason's POV

I groaned as my alarm went off. There's no way it's 7am already. I reached out to my bedside table trying to turn it off without raising my head from the comfort of my pillow. Unfortunately, I could not turn it off so I ended up just pulling the plug.

Just as I was about to doze back off into sleep my phone started ringing. I groaned again reaching over and picking the call. "Hello?" "Mason get your sorry ass up from your bed and come and open the front door it's 7:30am and as always you have ignored the two alarms you set." I sighed it was either I get up now or Mattia would go ahead to call my mom and the might not end well for me.

I got up and sleepily walked down the stairs in just my sweat pants. I opened the door and the boys barged in like they own the place. I shut and locked the front door then walked to the living room where the boys were. "In going back to sleep." "No, you're not. You have school today so I suggest you go get both yourself and Liam ready for school," my mom said entering the living room. "Good morning mom." "Good morning Mama Maggie," the boys sang. "Morning boys," she said walking right past me to the guys in the living room hugging everyone.

"Sometimes it feels like you love them more than me," I huffed. "That's because she does," Mattia states smugly. "Nonsense I could never love that hooligan more than you." She said walking over to me hugging me. "Mama's boy," I heard Mattia mumble. "Do you have a problem with that?" My mom asked facing him. "No Mama Maggie." "Good. Now, who wants bacon and egg with toast." "Me," we all said simultaneously. "Ok. Mason go and get yourself and Liam ready for school. Also, I will be picking you and Liam up to take you to the station for Liam's questioning." "Ok, mom." I went upstairs to wake Liam up. I found him dripping in sweat and twitching in his sleep repeatedly saying 'no'.

I rushed over to him and woke him up. He woke up and attached himself to me, crying in my chest. "Hey it' ok, you're ok. I'm here now, I said holding him close. "Daddy," he whimpered. "I know, your ok now. Do you want to talk about it?" He shook his head no. "Ok, we'll talk later. Now let's go get ready for school, ok bubs?" "I no wanna go daddy." "Why?" I asked. "What if my father comes back to get me?" He asks starting to panic, having trouble breathing. "Hey, hey look at me. Liam, look at me. Breathe ok? You're going to be fine, we will all be with you. Nothing will happen to you. I promise." He nods his head. "Use your words baby." "Ok, daddy." "Good. Now let's get you ready for school. Mama is making breakfast."

🍳 After Breakfast 🍞

"Bye, mom." "Bye Mama Maggie." We said as we walked to the door. "By boys. Mason, tell Jason I will pick him up as well and try not to get suspended again, ok?" "Ok, mom."

We got into our cars and drive to school.

Liam's POV

Our daddies are walking us to our class. If I'm being honest I'm still pretty scared about going back to my English class. I know Mason said my dad couldn't get me but that didn't stop the anxiety. It didn't stop the voices in my head constantly reminding me of everything my dad has ever told me. How worthless I was, how no one could ever truly love me, how every good thing must come to an end. How I should just die.

Like I had been doing for the past five years I kept all my emotions and thoughts bottled up and to myself waiting to burst out. I hadn't noticed we were in front of the class until Mason let go of my hand and I felt a hand gently squeeze on the back of my neck. "Come back to me baby," Mason whispered into my ear. I looked up at him and he crouched down to my height. "You're going to be fine. I promise if you feel like leaving just call or send me a message. Ok?" I just nodded my head. "I need you to use your words bubs." "Ok." "I'll see you after this class. Bye," he said as he hugged me and left for his classes.

Cason, Brooks, Axel and I walked into the class and all eyes were on us. Causing my anxiety to perk up. We quickly made our way to the last four available sits at the back of the class.

Everyone kept staring at us, most with disgust a few with pity until Mr. Adams walked into the class. I didn't miss the glare he sent out way before he walked to his desk. "Now before we start today's class, can Liam, Axel and Cason tell me why they weren't at detention yesterday?" As he asked that question all heads turned to us. My breath quickened and my palms became sweaty. "Boys I asked you a question and I expect an answer." "I don't want to be here anymore," Axel whispered. "I don't feel too good," I whispered back and ran out of the class. I ran to the bathroom and emptied the very little food Mason practically forced down my throat, which was more than what I would normally eat but was still very little, for breakfast in the toilet. Seconds later Cason, Brooks and Axel ran in with Cason crying his eyes out. Cason might act or seem tough but he is just a big softie who doesn't like to be yelled at.

When I had emptied the little food I had this morning into the toilet, I remained on the floor trying to stop everything from spinning while Brooks tried to calm Cason down and Axel just sat in the corner trying to calm himself down. "I want my daddy," Cason cried when the bell rang signaling the first period was over.

The door opened and the person I hoped I would never see or meet again at school. Derek. "Look what we have here. The pussy has joined the three musketeers. You know it's very annoying how you three are always together." He said facing Cason, Brooks and Axel. "I have always wondered what it would feel like punching one of you. But you always had Mattia, Ajani and Caleb following you around like guards. They aren't here to protect you now, are they?" He said walking over to Cason. He was about to land a punch on his face when the door opened.