Chapter 4

"Mom?"

Mason's POV

Liam has been asleep for two weeks. I know the doctors said he wasn't going to wake up soon, I didn't think it would be this long. The doctors said he was malnourished and it will take longer for him to heal.

I'm sitting by his bed in the ICU, his skin is pale and he looks lifeless. If not for the steady beeps of his heart beats being read on the life support machine hooked up to him that anyone would have thought he was dead.

I can't help but feel this is my fault. I watched him get beaten, saw him limp around school when I knew I could help him all because of a stupid reputation. What don't get is why he is so malnourished and scared. Sure he gets bullied at school but this is more than he is given off. He is a junior and the school year just started but he has a lot of scares and injuries all over his body. The doctors said that some of them didn't heal properly, apparently only the outside but the wounds were still internally open, the opened the wounds again and gave them stitches. They are currently treating him for infections.

I just hope he wakes up soon. I'll give anything to see him smile up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. They were a unique blue, I haven't seen anything like it before. They're not the shade of the sea or the sky, just his unique shade.

Liam's POV

"Mom, is that..is that you?" "Yes it's me," she softly chuckled as I ran into her arms telling her how much I had missed but she started to tear up. "Mom? Why are you crying?" "I'm sorry baby." "For what? Your the best...." "No, I'm not and you know it, so don't even say it. I left you, and your dad. Look what I did to you." She said pointing to the whole of me. I sighed, "mom you didn't do this to me, it was your lunatic of a husband. Not you." "He wasn't like that before I died, my death changed him. I changed him." "Mom, it's not our fault he chose to let it change him. He's hurting, I get that but he doesn't have to be an ass about it. I'm hurting too but you don't see me going around beating up my relatives or drinking and smoking my life away." I half yelled at her. "Mom please don't blame yourself for what he did. It's not your fault, please." "Ok," she sighed and I replied with thank you.

"Where are we mom? Is this heaven?" "No baby, it's somewhere in between heaven and your consciousness." "So I'm not dead?" "Of course not, it's not your time there's so much you are meant to do with your life before you die. Don't let your dad hold you back and it seems you have someone who really cares about you." "First of all he's not my dad anymore and will never be, secondly what are you talking about no one cares." "Don't be silly Li, the guy who saved you. He cares I can tell, if he didn't he wouldn't have saved you." "Who knows why he helped me, he could use it to blackmail me, mom." "Liam, why would he go through all this trouble just to blackmail you." "Dunno," I mumbled. "Liam, I'm being serious, please promise me you will get and not push him away." "I promise mom. I will."

My mom started to glow bright white. She sighed, "baby I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer." She gave me a tight hug. "Wait mom how do I wake up?" "You will wake up when your ready," she said as she faded away.

I was once again left alone with my thoughts. When I was ready? I'm pretty sure I was ready.

WAKE UP LIAM.

I gave up on trying to wake up at the moment, did the person that saved me really care? Was my mom right? Was I really over thinking? My thinking was cut off by a voice begging me to wake up. It was the same person who saved me, he was begging me to wake up? Who would want to see me? Ugly, skinny me. He could want to use me, he could just want to use me as a human punching bag....My thoughts were disturbed by a bright light. Was I waking up? OH SHIT. I don't think I want to wake up now anymore. I'm not ready to meet who saved me just yet.