Chapter 22

Mason's POV 

"Liam you can't pretend to have not finished those gummies forever." "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied digging through a pack of gummies that has been empty for the past seven minutes. "Kitten, you know sooner or later your gonna have to eat." "I already did. I ate the gummies, that's more than enough food for me to eat." 

"Liam, the gummies aren't food. These are only extra vitamins for your body." "But I'm full," he whined. "Li-," I was cut off by Liam running to the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet.

Liam's POV

Throwing up stomach acid isn't the best feeling. I could feel it burning at the back of my throat, my stomach hurt from having to throw up when it was empty, my head was hurting, to put it shortly it was terrible. When I was sure I was done I rested against Mason.

Mason helped me stand up which made my headache worst. He flushed the toilet and I whined at the sound. "Daddy," I whined. "Hurts." "Can you show me where it hurts?" I pointed to my head and stomach he just sighed and gave me a cup of water. "Use it to rinse your mouth, don't swallow." I gargled and spat it out. "Good job bubs." He carried me back to the room and laid me in the bed. "Daddy, hurts." "It just your head?" I pointed at my stomach. "Ok let me get Doctor Rodriguez."

He pressed the button beside our bed and Doctor Rodriguez was up in about two minutes.

Doctor Rodriguez POV

I got a notification that I was needed in room 149, that's Liam's hospital room. I was just looking through his files, there isn't much there, it says he hasn't been to a hospital for the past four years. He was also meant to have gone for an inattentive type ADHD testing which he never went for. I dropped his files and made my way to his hospital room. 

"Hello again Mason and Liam, what seems to be the problem?" I asked as I walked into the room "He threw up but it was just stomach acid. He also said his head and stomach hurt and he also aged down" I nodded taking in all the information I was just provided with. His head and stomach pain are probably caused by lack of food, I should check his blood sugar to be sure. I should add Tylenol to his medication but if he can't stomach it... "What was he doing before he threw up?" "He just took the gummy vitamins." 

"Ok, so I'm going to check his blood sugar. The head and stomach ache is possibly caused by lack of food but I'll still check to be sure." If he keeps throwing up stomach acid he might get acid reflux. "Hey, Liam. What seems to be the problem?" I asked as I walked up to him. "Hurts," he whimpered. "Can you show me where?" He pointed to his head, chest and stomach. "Ok Liam, I'm going to need you to sit up." He shook his head not wanting to sit up. "It will help with the pain in your chest, I promise."

"Bubs can you please sit up for me?" Mason asked crouching down to his eye level. "Just a little, please bub it's gonna make you feel better." I moved aside and let Mason try to get Liam to sit up while I called a nurse to come up with some liquid Tylenol, a sick bowl, a glucose meter and a BP monitor.

Mason got Liam to somewhat sit up with his head propped up by a pillow. He also dimmed the light because we noticed Liam was affected by the brightness but didn't say anything. The nurse brought the things I asked for and then I dismissed him. Now I have to think of a way to administer the Tylenol to Liam.

"Mason I need to do two things. First, I need to check his blood pressure and sugar levels and secondly, I need to give him Tylenol."

"Is the Tylenol going to be through his IV?" "No, but I need a way to give it to him. I'm not sure he will take it doesn't taste nice." I walked up to Liam, "does your chest feel better?" He gave a nod before whining and clutching his head. "Hey it's ok, you're going to be ok, just no sudden movements and you shouldn't feel much pain."

"Umm Mason?" "Yeah?" "You said that he aged down he's more comfortable with can you please tell him I need to get a new blood sample and hold also comfort him if need be." He nodded then sat on the bed and slowly and carefully put Liam on his lap.

Mason's POV

"Ok bubs Doctor Rodriguez wants to take some blood samples so she can help you with your head and stomach aches." "I no want to." I sighed, "you need to do it so she can help you feel better." He tried to get up from my lap but I held him back, "no daddy. No," he cried, trying to get out of my hold.

"Liam, stop it you're gonna make your headache worse if you keep moving around." He didn't stop his movements instead he kicked me catching me by surprise and ran out of the room with doctor Rodriguez not far behind. I sighed and got up to follow after them.

Mattia's POV

I just arrived at the hospital Liam was admitted in with Mason's clipper kit and his lunch. I stepped into the elevator going to the little section on the 6th floor.

I stepped out of the elevator walking down the hall to Liam's hospital room. Doctor Rodriguez ran up to me asking if I had seen Liam. "No, he didn't come by here." She sighed heavily before announcing over the intercoms, "we have a code amber. I repeat we have a code amber. The patient is a 16 year old male little. He is wearing a black marvel hoodie and a pair of gray sweatpants with black ankle socks. He has roughly, unevenly cut honey brown hair. He is roughly 5 foot 3 inches. He very slim for his age and is in little space between the ages of 12 months and 18 months. I would like everyone who is attending to something to be mindful of the situation, all those who are free should please look for him. A few doctors and nurses should be on standby in case of any incoming patients. No one should be allowed to leave and no patients should be discharged if not by me. He is quite frightened so approach with precaution. When he is found I want to be the first to know. Thank you."

I couldn't help but think, 'Liam have you gotten yourself into this time and what could they have possibly done to scare you off like that?'