Easter Special

TW// INCLINATIONS OF SELHARM AND EATING DISORDER

Liam's POV

Everyone's excited about Easter tomorrow, but I don't know how I feel about it. I know I'm not with my dad anymore and it won't be terrible but I think he might have just ruined all holidays for me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mason asked as he walked into the living room and sat next to me.

"That depends, have you got a penny?"

"Yes I do actually, I've started carrying them around with me 'cause I know you'll always ask that," he said as he pulled out one from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Touché. I'm worried about tomorrow. "

"What about tomorrow?"

"I'm worried that my traumatized ass will ruin easter, like what if I get triggered and have an episode? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for that even though I know it's not my fault."

"You won't ruin easter Liam. If you have an episode we'll be there to help deescalate it. I've spoken to the others there isn't going to be anything too loud and if it would help I can tell you the plans for tomorrow so you're not in the dark."

Knowing what will happen when would actually be helpful I'll probably be less anxious if I know what we're doing when, "That would be helpful thanks."

"Ok, so the others will get here at about 11 then we're going out for brunch. Then meet up again at Mattia's grandparent's house they have a huge garden that they let us use for the egg hunt, as long as we promise not to leave a mess. And after that, depending on how everyone feels, we would watch a movie." 

That does sound nice, but I still couldn't help but feel like I would ruin it, plus I don't like eating in public, "that sounds fun."

"It will be loads of fun and don't worry about it you can eat before we leave so you don't have to eat in public if you don't want to. But you do have to eat something. Now come on let's get ready for bed and then I can show you the matching onesies I got us."

How did he know that's what I was worried about? Have I been saying my thoughts out loud? Or does he just read minds now? The second one would be way cooler. "I thought we agreed on taking a break from you getting me new stuff, not that I'm not grateful but I already have multiple onesies."

"Says mister you can never have too many stuffies and I'm sorry I couldn't help myself they were on sale and I wanted to have matching onesies with you, we'd look cute."

"First of all don't bring my babies into this. Secondly, I'll let this one slide but only because no one in their right mind will give up a onesie, and matching with you would be cool."

"Yes!" He said triumphantly. 

In the room...

"Liam, don't itch now come over here so I can apply your ointment."

"But they're itchy and the ointment makes me feel weird," I whined.

"Itching won't let them heal baby. And weird how?"

"It's like uncomfortable. I can feel the ointment on me. It's like when your face is oily and it's all you can feel."

"Maybe we can ask for a different ointment, but I think we can go tonight without it. Let me just wrap it up and then I'll show you the onesies."

When he was done wrapping it. He showed me the onesies. It was the gir onesies I said I liked a couple weeks ago. I had forgotten about it. "You remembered," I said as I hugged him.