Chapter 19

Liam's POV

"Hello, Liam I'm your doctor, Doctor Rodriguez." "Hello." "So Liam, how are you feeling?" "Tired." "Ok. What about your wounds?" "I'm used to the pain now." She didn't seem to like my answer by the look she had but she didn't say anything. Besides it wasn't a lie. I was used to it. "Can I put on my hoodie now?" "Just let me redress your stitches first. Is that ok?" I nodded and she cleaned around my stitches and wrapped them up. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head no.

"Ok, why don't we talk about something else," she said returning to the seat beside me. "I need to know who is lying. Either you, are lying to me and Mason about how much food you eat, or Mason is lying to me about how much find you eat. Cause either way someone is lying and you are not eating enough food." I wasn't paying attention so I didn't hear what she said or asked. "Liam I need you to pay attention. Hey Liam can you look at me?" I kept my gaze frozen on my hands in my laps. "Liam, can you hear me?" "Y-yes I can, b-but could you be a l-little less l-loud?" "Ok, would you like anything else?" She asked in a quieter tone. "T-the lights are to b-bright," I whispered. Somehow she heard me and got up to dim the lights.

"Better?" She asked as she returned to her seat. "Yes t-thank you." "You're welcome. Can we talk about your food intake now?" I nodded. "Good, ok so can you tell me what happened are you actually eating?" I was contemplating lying to her but she looked like she already knew the answer to the question she had just asked so I choose not to. "No I h-haven't been e-eating much," I whispered.

"But Mason seems to be sure you are." "H-he doesn't know. P-please don't tell h-him," I pleaded. "Don't worry I won't if you don't want me to. But I want to know what happens to the food you're given." "I-I." What is wrong with you Liam just answer the damn question. Why are you stuttering? You never stutter.

"Calm down Liam, breathe, you're not in trouble I just want to know what happened." I took a deep breath, "I-I hide the food in a b-bowl under t-the table when no one is looking and t-throw it away later. Please don't tell anyone." I pleaded "I'll tell him only when you want me to. Do you do this every day?" "N-no other t-times when M-mason is watching I eat a little but then throw it up later." "And do you force yourself to throw up?" "No, t-the food won't stay down."

"For how long has it been like this?" "Can't remember." I actually can remember it started when my father would take away my food as punishment and when he would starve me. I just got used to the lack of food. Since then I couldn't keep much food down anymore. "Ok Liam, get some rest. I'll come and check on you later." I nodded and she left. I curled myself in a ball trying to block out the light and get some sleep. The light was still too bright but I didn't want to be a burden so I just dealt with it.

Mason's POV

"What kind of eating disorder?" "Well I think it's anorexia but I need to monitor him to be sure. When it's time for his meal don't force him to eat just leave him with the food and see what he eats." I nodded, still thinking about all she had just said and she left.

We went to the room and saw Liam curled up under the covers. Mason got a call and said he and the guys had to go, Cason didn't want to go to bed without him and Axel and Brooks were fussy.

"Hey, bubs how are you feeling?" "Tired," he whispered. I sat by him stroking his hair. "How about we go to bed." "No, I don't want to." "So what do you want to do?" He just shrugged. "Hmmm, what if we watched a movie?" "Ok." I took the remote and began scrolling through the movies on the tv. "Tell me if you see anything you like." I continued scrolling, "wait what's that?" Liam asked pointing at How to Train Your Dragon. "This one?" I asked selecting it. "Yes, that one." "It's How to Train Your Dragon. Do you want to watch it?" "Mhm, I've never watched it before." I pressed play and the movie began.

30 minutes into the movie I noticed Liam was trying very hard to keep his eyes open. "Liam why don't you just go to sleep." He shook his head, "I want to see what happens to Hiccup." I just left him knowing that it was only a matter of time before he fell asleep. Proving my theory right Liam was out like a light not up to ten minutes later.

I paused the movie and repositioned Liam. I dimmed the lights a little more before getting up to do some school work. I sat down at the table and started solving some math equations I was given at school.

I woke up with a start as I had almost fallen off my chair. "God damn it," I whispered. I had drooled over my maths worksheet. Grumbling I got to get some napkins but noticed Liam was not in bed anymore and his IV tube was on the bed.

"Liam? Liam, what are you doing?" I called out as I rushed to the bathroom. I met Liam breathing heavily in front of the mirror, cutting his hair with surgical scissors.

"Hey bubs, what happened?" I asked approaching him. He stopped cutting his hit and looked down at the scissors in his hands. I walked over to him and took the scissors out of his hands. "I-i-i-i. H-he he." "Liam, calm down you're not in trouble." I tried to touch his hair but he flinched away from my touch. "Hey, it's ok. I won't hurt you. Let's just go back to the room." He nodded shakily and followed me into the room. I sat him down on the bed, "Liam what's wrong?" "My hair. I want to cut my hair." "I understand that, but do you want to tell me why?" "It's just too long." I sighed, "You know I'm not buying that but it's ok if you don't want to tell me. We will cut your hair fist thing in the morning but for now we need to get a new IV tube."