Chapter 7

Mason's POV

As soon as I walked into the hospital Liam had run into me with two nurses not too far behind. What happened when I was gone he's not supposed to be out of bed, he could make his injuries worst. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He tried to get away from me but I held him in place and whispered, "hey kitten, it's okay I'm here now." He looked up at me, the grip on my chest tightening as he cried into my chest.

"I-I th-thought you w-wont come b-back," he said in between sobs. "Baby, don't ever think that, I told you I will never leave you. I promise you that. I just went to get you food, ok."
"Otay," he said in his cute little voice as I lifted him and took him back to his hospital room.

I sat us down on the hospital bed, Liam on my lap. He rested his head on my chest and took deep breaths to calm himself down as I rubbed his back.

The nurses walked back in and I felt Liam tense up. He tried to bury himself in my chest and his grip on my shirt tightened.

He looked up at me with glossy eyes and it broke my heart to see him like that. Something happened and I need to know what so I can protect my baby boy.

I knew Liam wasn't going to talk to me with the nurses in the room so I asked them to leave and Liam sighed in relief. "Kitten, what's wrong?" I asked stroking his hair. Tears began spewing out of his eyes. How many people hurt him? He doesn't deserve any of this.

"Liam, baby please tell me what happened they just want to give you one shot so you can get better and leave the hospital quicker," "why can't they be in syrup form?" He asked, maybe he's just afraid of getting shots. "Liam, I know you're scared but it's so you can get better. Daddy doesn't like seeing you in pain, it makes daddy sad. Do you want daddy to be sad?" "Nu daddy, but me no want shot." "I know baby, but daddy will be here with you and I have a surprise for you if you get it." "Nu daddy, me no want what happen before to happen again." What does he mean before? This is the first shot he is taken since he woke up. Something is up, this is more than a fear of shots.

I asked the nurses to give us a few minutes and they left the room. I lifted Liam a little so he was looking at me. "Liam, please tell me what's going on. I need to know the problem so that I can help," he sighed, "my 'dad' used to bring men to my room at night and they would give me different shots, and when I would try to run they would tie me to my bed. I would wake up with cuts and bruises all over my body. Sometimes my dad would sell me to junkies they would use me as lab rats and inject me with different things and test out their new drugs on me. For weeks I would be sick after what they injected me, no matter how much I begged my dad to stop he wouldn't listen. He would just tell me that it will be the only way I would ever be useful."

He had started crying again, "my brave baby boy, you've been through so much. And I know what you're thinking no I won't leave you because of that. The scars show what you've been through, my brave little prince." I said cleaning his tears.

"Daddy's brave little prince," he chirped. "Yes you're daddy's brave little prince," I said as I patted his head. "I can ask the nurse to change the form of medicine." "No," "no?" "I'll take the shot and be daddy's brave little boy." He smugly stated, "you don't have to, I'm proud of you for being brave all those years, you don't need to prove it." "I want to daddy, and make you more proud," "but can you hold my hand?" He shyly asked, "of I will hold your hand little one," I said, giving his hand a little squeeze.

We called for the nurse and they came into the room a minute later. When Liam saw the nurse that was preparing the shot he hid his face in my chest.

"What's wrong little one?" "She mean daddy," he whispered, "she wanna take you away daddy." "Don't worry I won't let her, I not going anywhere." The nurse came closer to give him the shot and he flinched and tried to hide behind me. "Liam, you don't have to if you don't want to." "No, me wanna do it and be daddy's brave little prince. But me no want her," he said pointing at the nurse.

I requested for another nurse and one came in with a bunch of stickers and candy, which made Liam giddy on my lap. "Daddy is that for me?" "Why don't you ask the nurse little one," "miss, is that for me?" He asked in his adorable little voice. "Yes they are, Mason thought it would help your recovery and I see he was right." She chuckled slightly.

The nurse came over to Liam and cleaned his arm where she would give him the shot. "Dada, I'm scared, can she use the small needle?" "Don't worry I'm here and you can hold my hand as you asked." "Miss, can you please use the small needles?" "Yes, that's the one I chose."

She gave Liam the shot and he squeezed unto me when the needle entered his arm. She cleaned it and Liam chose a minions band aids to cover it. She changed the bandages on his wounds, gave Liam the stickers and candy, and left.

"My brave little prince, you made daddy so proud." He giggled, "me daddy's brave little prince, me daddy's brave little prince," he sang.

Liam was currently giggling and covering his face with stickers. I went over to the table where I had left his lunch, the ice cream was currently in the mini ridges freezer.

Liam's POV

I was playing with the stickers the nice nurse gave me when daddy got up from the bed. "Daddy where are you going?" I asked, " going to get your food from that table baby boy." "Nuuu daddy," "No?" "Me no hungry daddy." I whined, "baby boy, you have to eat. So you don't get sick. Then we can leave the hospital. I also have something for you when you finish." I wonder what he got maybe it's more stickers, I want to know what he got. "Otay daddy I'll eat," "thank you, baby boy." He picked out mac 'n cheese from the bag, picked me up, and set me on the hospital bed.

When he was done feeding me, he picked me up and took me to the bathroom to clean me up. "Thank you, daddy," " your welcome baby boy."

"Daddy, can I have what you got now?" "Of course baby boy," he chuckled. "But I got you two things," he said taking me back to the room. I bounced in my arms, "what you get daddy?" "I got cookies 'n cream ice cream and a stuffed bear for my brave little prince," I felt giddy inside I love it when he calls me his little prince.

He set me in bed and gave me the ice cream and the stuffed bear. It was a white bear with a blue bow tie. I love it so much it's the first I have ever gotten since my mom's death. I didn't know I was crying until Mason cleaned the tears that had escaped my eyes.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" "No, it's not that, it's just it's the first gift I've gotten since my mom's death, and I love it," "I'm sorry kitten. But you have to get used to it 'cause I'll get so many gifts you won't be able to count," "thank you, daddy" "your welcome baby boy, do you want to watch a movie?" "Finding Nemo please can we watch that" "Of course baby boy."

Mason's POV

I put Finding Nemo on the tv hanging on the wall in his hospital room. Liam crawled on my lap at sat with his head resting on my chest, still holding his stuffed bear close to him. He named it panpan. Liam had fallen asleep halfway through the movie, has seemed so calm and peaceful. I picked him off my lap and gently laid him on the bed and covered him with the comforter.

I sighed as I got off the bed. My beautiful little prince. It's currently 8 pm. My suspension had been lifted but I took the online classes so I could take care of Liam. Liam's teachers also sent him some work but I'll show them to him later when he's fully recovered and help him through it.