Chapter 21

Mason's POV

I held Liam closer as he cried into my chest. I stroked his hair and let him cry he needed to let it all out. I just need him to tell me the truth so I can help. 

Soon later Liam had fallen asleep on my chest. I sighed as I set him on the bed and put the blanket over him. I left the room to look for his nurse and also get him some food. I found her in the nurse station and asked her what she wanted to tell me.

"So we wanted to move Liam to the ICU, we cant have what happened earlier happen again." "I understand, but it wont happen again he was just..." I wasn't sure how to phrase it without telling her much about what was happening with Liam. I'm sure he won't want her to know and he definitely doesn't like it in the ICU. He doesn't like how they constantly check on him every hour and a half of the day. "I'm sorry Mason but Liam has to be moved to the ICU I don't trust him to not pull another stunt." "Liam wasn't pulling a stunt, you just don't understand." "Yeah, there isn't anything to understand. Liam pulled off a stunt and I will be up in his room to move him to the ICU at 2. Also Doctor Rodriguez said to give you this formula for Liam so he gets his nutrients." I took the formula and left, irritated by what she was saying about Liam. Surely Doctor Rodriguez couldn't have agreed to this and he definitely was not pulling off a stunt.

I began looking for her. After a quick search and not finding her I headed back to Liam's hospital room. I opened the door quietly incase he was still asleep. I met Doctor Rodriguez checking Liam's vitals and he was still asleep. "Hello again Mason. I see you got the formula," she said pointing to the formula in my hands and I nodded. "So I've given Liam his medicine for this morning through his IV. Liam's blood sugar level is at a more stable number but he needs more nutrients in him that's why I gave you the formula. There are other flavors if he doesn't like this one but I recommend he takes it three times a day until he's ok to start eating solid food again." I nodded, "umm Doctor Rodriguez why is Liam being moved to the ICU?" She looked at me quizzically, "I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about.  I never asked for Liam to be moved to the ICU. I know he doesn't like it there and it will take toll on his mental health and healing process, with all the doctors and nurses." "Oh, 'cause the nurse you assigned to him said he was being moved at 2 today." "No I didn't authorize this, he isn't being moved anywhere."

Liam's POV

I woke up and heard Mason talking to Doctor Rodriguez. Wait I'm being moved? Why? To where? I don't want to be move especially if they're moving me to the ICU. I let out a whimper at the thought of being moved back into the ICU. Mason and Doctor Rodriguez turned to me and I shrunk into the covers at the sudden attention.

"Hey bubs, have a good nap?" I whined. They couldn't be moving me to the ICU, could they?

"I'll be back later to give Liam his medication in the afternoon." She dropped what looked like a pack of something on the table. Mason sat beside me and I laid my head on his laps. "What's wrong bubs?" He asked running his fingers through my still roughly cut  hair. "Are they moving me back to the ICU?" "No bubs they aren't. How about we get you a proper haircut, hmm?" I nodded. "Do you want to go to a barber shop or for me to do it?" "You please."

"Ok. Let me see if I can get one of the guys to bring my clipper set." I gave him a questioning look. He has his own clipper set? "What? It's unhygienic to share clippers with strangers," he stated as he reached over for his phone on the table. I think he said he would call Mattia? I wasn't paying attention I was focused on the pressure that was increasing on my bladder. I'm not wearing a diaper or a pull up and I needed to use the bathroom. How I didn't notice before? I don't know but it was quite hard to ignore. I fidgeted on my spot while daddy made his call. I can feel myself slipping and I'm not sure I could hold it in little space. Maybe I should tell daddy, but what if he gets mad? It's rude to interrupt people when they're on the phone. I crossed my legs, I can just wait for daddy to finish on the phone. 

Ok it's been six minutes and that dude can talk. I mean what's the point of them talking about school? It's not important, if I could I wouldn't go to school for the rest of my life. They're acting as if they haven't seen each other for months, and they say girls talk a lot they clearly have not met my daddy, he would win a talking marathon. Wait he's getting of the pho... no, no, no! Don't keep talking I need to use the bathroom. Maybe if I stand walk around it will feel better. Nope I shouldn't have even moved, it just made things worse. 

"Daddy," I whined. "Mhm?" he answered not paying much attention to me. "I need to use the bathroom." "Ok, I'm coming," he said but didn't make any moves. "Daddy, I need to go now," I whined again. "Ok, I'm coming... Yeah, see you. Thanks." He got of the call and stood up from the bed. Finally! Oh no. no, no, no, no. I couldn't stop the warm liquid running down my leg. Tears ran down my face, I just wet myself and I wasn't even fully in little space. "Oh baby, I'm so sorry," Daddy said moving towards me. "No, it your fault," I said backing away from him. "I know baby, I'm sorry." "Your fault, your fault, your fault." He walked over to me and lifted me up, "No your fault," I cried banging my fists on his chest, wanting to be set down. "Yes, it was daddy's fault and he is very sorry. Please let me change you out of these wet clothes and I promise to do anything you want after." "A-anything?" I hiccupped. "Yes, anything you want I promise." "Otay," I whispered feeling very little. "Ok, lets get you cleaned up." He wiped my tears and took me to the bathroom.

He set me on the counter and went to get the overnight bag Mama Maggie sent over. He brought over a diaper, a new set of sweatpants, socks and a hoodie. He picked me up and laid me on the changing table in the bathroom. He began taking of my soaked sweatpants and boxers and whimpered when the cold air touched me. Daddy did a quick job of changing me and I was soon back on the bed with warm clothes and my paci. Daddy put on the rest of the How to Train Your Dragon movie and went to see what Doctor Rodriguez left on the table. 

Six minutes later daddy came back with a bottle and what looked like a small pack of gummies. I'm not sure I haven't had gummies in years. I'm not hungry so I will not be needing the bottle. Mason came over and motioned for me to come over. I crawled into his laps and set my head on his chest continuing with the movie. Daddy tried to give me the bottle but I shook my head refusing it. "Daddy no. Not hungry." Daddy sighed pausing the movie. "Please Liam, just have a little." "But I not hungry." "I know but that's only because of the IV fluid, it substituted your food. Doctor Rodriguez took you off that IV fluid last night so you need to eat something." "But food is yucky. Make me sick." "I know, that's why I'm just giving you formula, it'll fill you and this one tastes like chocolate milk and there are other flavors. Please just take a little and there are also the gummies Doctor Rodriguez left, she says you have a pack twice a day." "Can I have the gummies?" "Ok, but you have to promise to take some of the formula after." "Ok." "Thank you little one," he said handing me an opened pack of gummies.