Chapter 10

⚠️Warning Abuse and Self Harm⚠️

Liam's POV

"Dad please, I'm sorry I didn't mean to come home one minute late." I had currently come home one minute later than 3:30 pm and my dad wasn't having it. "Shut up you little brat, I sent you to school to learn so you could get the fuck out of my house. And what do you do? You go and hang out elsewhere and come back late." "Dad, I promise that's not what happened." His fist met my ribcage, "I said shut up murderer." Tears had started running down my face, I didn't kill her, I didn't want her to die. It wasn't my fault nor hers. My dad dragged me by my hand and hurled me into the kitchen. I curled into a ball clutching my ribcage. My eyes widened when they caught the silver object in his hands. "Hold still you faggot." I screamed and begged but he didn't listen. He kept cutting me with a smug smile on his face.

I jerked up from sleep. I was in an unfamiliar room. I didn't notice Axel, Brooks or Cason laying beside me, so I shouted for Daddy. Everywhere I looked I saw him, my dad standing there watching me.

Mason's POV

The guys and I ran upstairs to see what was wrong. We walked in and saw Liam rocking himself in the corner and Cason, Brooks and Axel around him. Mattia asked them to follow him, Ajani and Caleb. So Liam and I could be alone.

When they left the room, I went to sit beside Liam and he crawled into my laps, hiding his face in the crook of my n neck. "What's wrong kitten?" I asked as I rubbed soothing circles in his back. "He's here, he's going to get me" was all he said repeatedly. "Liam you need to calm down and tell me what's wrong. I can't help if I don't know." Liam raised his head from my neck, looking behind me out the window.

"He's here," was all he could make out before he started having a panic attack. His heart rate increased and his body started shaking vigorously. "No, no please no." His eyes went blank and he was staring into the air. "Liam, take deep breaths, try to match them with daddy's breathing." He began taking deep breathes as I whispered words of encouragement into his ear. "Dada please don't let him get me." I was confused, to say the least. "Don't worry little one, I won't let anyone get you. I promise."

Liam fell asleep mumbling incoherent things. I took him to my room and laid him on the bed next to me. The guys came to check him before going to bed in the guest rooms.

Liam's POV

I had fallen asleep in Mason's arms his presence calming me down a little. But that didn't last for long as I was awake, out of little space and the voices in my head came back. 'Don't worry you'll see, he can't protect you for long. He's gonna get you. He's already mad, he's gonna find you and make you pay. You murderer,' I got out of Mason's bed and made my way to his attached bathroom.

I turned on the lights and looked for something sharp. I found Mason's spare razor for shaving in the cabinet under the sink. I held the blade to my left wrist, I knew I was going to regret this but it was the best solution to my problem right now. I began to pull the blade across my left wrist, the pain overpowering the voices in my head.

I did a few more cuts and the voices in my head were completely gone. I was now left with just pain. My blood dripped on the black tiles. I disposed of the blade and went to the sink to wash the blood off my wrist.

Mason's POV

I stretched my arm out towards Liam but was met with an empty bed. I sat up and noticed the lights of the bathroom on. 'Maybe he just went to use the bathroom.' I thought to myself. Ten minutes passed and he was still in the bathroom, so I decided to check up on him. As I got closer to the bathroom I heard Liam's shaky breath. "Liam?" I called but got no answer.

When I opened the door what I saw broke my heart. Liam was throwing away a blade covered in blood and blood was dripping from his left wrist leaving a trail of blood everywhere he went.

He didn't notice me standing there and went to wash the blood off his hand. When he was done cleaning up his hand Liam saw me through the mirror above the sink and froze.

He turned off the tap and ran to me crying into my chest, repeating sorry over and over again. I was shocked, I didn't know what to say or do and I didn't want to make things worse by questioning him or making him feel bad.

I carried him into the room and sat on the bed with him on my lap facing me. "I'm sorry daddy." I sighed, "I know, it's ok little one. But can you please tell me why you did it?" "It chases the voices away." "The ones in your hour head?" He shyly nodded. "Why didn't you wake me, I could have helped" "I didn't want to disturb you or bother you with my problems." "Baby, that's why I'm here. If you have a problem always come to meet me. You don't have to face them alone, Ok little prince?" "Ok daddy" "Good. Now let's go back to sleep, it's only one in the morning and we will talk about it later."