Chapter 32

I'm sorry @zrcheckmate ! But I'm not going on hiatus, I apologize for the scare 😔. So I updated for u :3 also I will be changing the dreams somewhat!

Back to story

The figure could be seen standing over all four slayers, looking down curiously.

"They'll figure it out..." the voice said in their mind.

"Shut up... I won't allow them to know..." they responded to the voice. "Though we better pay Enmu a visit..."

Rengoku's dream

"Kyojuro are you there?" A gentle voice called out. Rengoku looked around in confusion, but he followed where the voice was coming from. He noticed how he was wearing an old yukata of his, and was shorter.

When he walked through the shoji doors he couldn't believe his eyes, there was his mother.

"OKAA-SAN!" Rengoku yelled running at his mother. But right when he was about to embrace her... she vanished to ash.

Then it morphed into a different scene, "ITS YOUR FAULT SHE DIED!" Shinjuro yelled. He then chugged down more sake, Rengoku noticed this was a familiar scene. "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN YOU'RE A HASHIRA NOW! IT DOESN'T MATTER!"

He then noticed that this was when he became a pillar and his father had drowned himself in sake.

"A-aren't you proud of me?" Rengoku said trying to keep his smile on.

His father scowled at Kyojuro, "How could I be proud of the thorn in my side?" Rengoku then broke down and ran from his father.

"Nii-San?" Senjuro asked, his voice laced with concern. Senjuro was sweeping the porch when Rengoku burst out.

Rengoku broke down in the dirt, "I-its my fault s-she died." He cried. Senjuro kneeled next to his crying brother, right before the scene shifted again.

"Was he proud of you?" Senjuro asked.

Rengoku looked up sadly at his little brother, "No..." but right when he said that the scene morphed again...

He looked up slowly, noticing he was wearing his usual Pillar Uniform, but he regretted looking up. There was (Y/n) sick and thin on a futon. Rengoku broke down and prostrated himself next to (Y/n), holding her hand.

"I-I'm so sorry!" He cried hard, when he felt (Y/n) lift her hand, she set her hand on his head...

"It's not your fault..."

Outside Rengoku's dream

"Please, let me go back to my deceased wife and children." The conductor cried.

"Alright, you did your job, may you pass peacefully." Lower Moon 1 said with a crazed smile. Soon the conductor fell over, falling into a 'nice' dream. "It's such a blessing... to die having a nice dream... but watching their face contort to that of terror, when the dream... becomes a nightmare... I just have to crush their spiritual core... then they become lifeless shells... and they're easy to kill... what a dream."

Right then... a mysterious, cloaked figure appeared before Enmu...

In train

Four children were seen walking towards the slayers, "We just have to crush their spiritual core, and he'll allow us to sleep."

They carefully tied the ropes around each of them, before tying the other side of the rope.

Though the girl that was tied to Rengoku had noticed how tears were streaming from his eyes, before they all... fell into a deep sleep.