Chapter 24

@TinySenshi I took your advice and started using more spaces like you told me! Also I rewrote this chapter, since it was sort of rushed! But I've just had a more of a rush to update, more so than usual. I don't know why, but I'll try to update another chapter tonight!

Tanji oro thought back on the things he'd been through to get to this point. Such as when he had to endure (Y/n), Sabito, and Makomo's hellish training for a whole year. But he refused to give up for the sake of Nezuko.

Flashback
"They're really trying to kill me..." Tanjiro thought.
He was listening outside (Y/n)'s room, she had asked for Sabito and Makomo to come.
"Are you sure? I think he's ready for knives in the traps. Along with the spikes in the pitfall." Sabito chimed.
Tanjiro turns deathly pale, "Knives? Spikes?"
"You're right I'll set them up now." He heard (Y/n) say. He tried to scramble away from the door but (Y/n) snapped open the door too quick.
"Hello Tanjiro." (Y/n) said like it was normal for someone to be outside your door at 3:00am. "You realize you'll have to wake up in 30 minutes correct?"
Let's just say when Sabito and Makomo heard he was eavesdropping, they tried to put swords in the pitfall.
End of Flashback

Tanjiro shuddered remembering how many times he got close to falling on the spikes. But he shoved that thought out of his mind, and kept walking to his destination.
He had finished his first mission in a town where a demon had been capturing girls. Tanjiro was regretful that he wasn't able to get any of the info he needed.

"I need to go to Asakusa?" Tanjiro thought. He walked into a big city with lights.

"I feel nauseous." Tanjiro thought. He wondered how people could even live in such a place.

His eyes were darting around trying to find a way to escape the blaring light. He then saw a Udon stand and immediately ran over there. Tanjiro then noticed someone was sitting on the bench in front of the Udon stand. And he recognized that Wisteria haori and (f/c) demon slayer uniform anywhere.

"(Y/n)-sama!" Tanjiro called. (Y/n) looked up at him, and it was the first time he'd ever seen her Kitsune mask.

"Hello Kamado-San." (Y/n) said formally. She had refused to call him by his first name, but wouldn't tell him why.

"What are you doing here?" Tanjiro asked politely.

"I was told to find someone here." (Y/n) said vaguely.

Tanjiro nodded knowing not to pry, "May I have a bowl of udon with grated udon?" Tanjiro asked the udon cart owner. The man nodded and turned around to start making it.

Tanjiro was about to start a conversation with (Y/n), when she abruptly stood up.

"He's here..." (Y/n) said. She ran into the direction of a huge crowd in the city, when a familiar scent hit Tanjiro. He realized that it was the demon who slaughtered his family and chased after (Y/n).

(Y/n) knew better than to make a scene in public, since she knew they wouldn't understand the whole demon slayer concept. But Tanjiro simply grabbed the demon predecessor, gripping him so he couldn't walk any further.

The man turned around and they both immediately noticed Muzan's blood red eyes. (Y/n) looked him dead in the eyes, not flinching when Muzan met her gaze.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Muzan asked with a fake smile.

Tanjiro then saw the human child in muzan's arms and a human women next to him, "Dear do you know them?"

Tanjiro was horrified, he was undercover, "Can they not tell he's a demon?"

While Tanjiro was deep in thought (Y/n) saw Muzan scratch a man, injecting his blood into him.